• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight. Too New or just hard to find?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Lotus
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
some1 put spoiler brackets on that please
jgriggs28

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Hello,I'm rather new to this and I actually just stared watching this series last night. Can anyone tell me the airing times and day so I can keep up with it. Thanks Very Happy [/i]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote
The airing time is Monday, 25:00 on TV Tokyo.
Masayume

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:33 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:

o_O 25:00? There's only 24 hours. It's just 01:00 if you wanna stick to military time.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Masayume wrote:
marie-antoinette wrote:

o_O 25:00? There's only 24 hours. It's just 01:00 if you wanna stick to military time.

LOL.

I copied it from a review blog I follow and so didn't actually pay enough attention to notice that.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote
The series is certainly starting to get interesting after episode 5. Nothing groundbreaking, of course, but still interesting enough to keep me watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 8: Thank the lord for sweet story progression.

Up til now, I'd been merely tolerating this series. Yuki's bleeding heart (ho ho, pun intended) routine was wearing a bit thin, and it was all getting a bit... 'Emo' for me. I could see they were trying to flesh out the three main characters, as I anticipate a bit chunk of Vampire Knight is based upon their triangle. But it was slow, and dull, and whiny.

Now though, it's gotten a bit interesting... Still not immensely so, but spending a bit of time with the Night Class for the first half of this episode was a nice change from the brief glimpses we've been allowed so far. Kaname came across as a bit of a sinister chap, arrogant and conceited... I'm forced to reconsider that opinion now.

It's still a bit bishy for me, but I won't be dropping this one anymore. Would like to see how it turns out.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
It's been awhile since I read the first chapters of the manga, but I seem to feel like that anime is giving a bit more focus to the vampires and their world than the manga did, which I think is really great because the world is one of the series' strongest points. At very least, I know I have a greater feeling for what's going on, especially concerning why everyone is so crazy about Kaname. Purebloods seem to be near gods to the vampires, so it makes sense how they all defer to him so much.

I'm really looking forward to the next arc, with spoiler[Maria/Shizuka and Ichiru].
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote
yeah, it gets better from here on out. The first part starts out a bit slow but the story really takes off from here. I've been following the latest chapters in scans, and yeah, Kaname's sexy but he's a bit of a douche. Zero's my favorite; he makes the story for me. Without him, I doubt I would have continued reading Vampire Knight.
gibbage

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I truly hope it gets better. I really like the story world and artwork, but im so sick of Yuki bring a total wimp in any critical situation. She seems to have SOME skills, and good reflexes, but it all goes completely out the window WHEN SHE NEEDS IT! I truly hope she grows a spine SOON.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote
well, i can tell you Yuuki gets more interesting later on. Especially when her secret past is finally revealed but it seemed to take forever to get to that point. Course looking back, i sorta saw it coming. I think the anime makes it even more obvious which kinda irks me but maybe it's cause I know already.
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I took a peek at the wiki for VK, which was unfortunately spoilerific, so I know a good bit of the manga storyline too. Usually that'd ruin an anime for me, but now I'm more curious as to how it's all going to play out. There are some major, major characters yet to be introduced so I guess the only way is up for this one...
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote
yep it keeps getting better and better. thankfully it gets most of that silly stuff in the beginning out of the way. Course it still drags in parts but once you get to the Maria arc, it's fairly consistent in terms of drama and action.

Vampire Knight is my favorite manga and now, anime. I buy the legally licensed manga but I keep up to date with scanalations. And I watch the anime on Youtube but I don't download. Hopefully, it will get licensed here soon so I can buy it.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
I think the anime makes it even more obvious which kinda irks me but maybe it's cause I know already.

The anime is definitely playing up one fact that won't be revealed until quite a while (it hasn't happened in the English manga release yet): spoiler[that Yuuki is a vampire herself...this is especially obvious in the OP and EP]. Of course, this isn't exactly a very big shock, I have to say. And it does explain a fair amount.
frouella

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
well, i can tell you Yuuki gets more interesting later on. Especially when her secret past is finally revealed but it seemed to take forever to get to that point. Course looking back, i sorta saw it coming. I think the anime makes it even more obvious which kinda irks me but maybe it's cause I know already.

As a person who has made it a point to not read the manga, I have no idea what the "obvious" thing is that you're talking about. But I'm very happy with that, and I hope to continue not knowing until it's disclosed in the anime. Wink Though I am very glad to hear that Yuuki gets more interesting, because now? Not so much... Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7