• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Confirms Gurren Lagann on Sci Fi Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:34 am Reply with quote
Con-goers report that the 6th episode was the one on the R2 DVDs. LOL conflicting reports.

And no, Gainax did not reanimate episode 4 to change the guest director's style.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote
Can we get a w00t w00t in the forum! Very Happy
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I'm still rather bummed that this isn't on Adult Swim; at least they don't excise two or three minutes of each broadcast to slip in another commercial break. *sigh* Well, I suppose any airing is better than no airing at all...

I've recorded episodes off of Scifi and [as] and Scifi episodes are only 30 seconds shorter than [as] episodes.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quote
sweet more new anime on tv
abynormal

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I can't wait. GL deserves a good dub, so I hope Bandai can pull through.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
I'm going to be there on July 28th. Believe it. More power to Sci-Fi for this! It'll be the perfect show to pick up after I see the end of Death Note (which should be happening in July, by my estimation).
Darn you Naruto! Stop impersonating my buddy Fiction Alchemist! Wink

Being a non-fansub watcher, I have no prior experience with this series but I am looking forward to seeing what it's like. So far, I've watched nearly everything Sci-Fi's shown on their anime block and even bought a fair bit of it. (Hopefully, this will be another new favorite.)

I'm very curious as to what the sales numbers will look like for the sub-only set vs. the hybrid.

And can we all relax a little on the "Sci-Fi edits stuff" worries? They don't edit that much (nudity being an exception, that they cut a lot) and it's not like broadcast in Japan always leaves everything in. (The sixth episode of this series has been mentioned.) So just relax, watch on Sci-Fi, write them a letter saying how much you love watching anime on their channel but you'd love it more if they did it all uncut and unedited, then make everyone you know watch it too.

If everyone watches anime, world peace will happen. I swear it's true! Cool
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Just going to mention that the English short i is not pronounced "ee", it's pronounced "ih" as in "it, is, in". So, the main character's name will not be "see-mon" (thank God, too many jokes on that one), but "sih-mone".
skyechan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quote
I've only seen maybe 3 episodes of Gurren Lagann so I'm quite anxious to see the rest. :3 Bandai usually does a wonderful job on their dubs, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NinjaVash

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Just to confirm what everyone suspected, I emailed Bandai after ANN's report went up and finally heard back today:

"ANN posted wrong info. The subtitle version will also include the uncut episode 6.

Regards,

[email protected]"

Now we can all rest easy and buy it. I'm really looking forward to this.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote
thanks goodness.I was worried that this series would only have a sub version after seeing it on the right stuff page but now i can breathe a good sigh of relief.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3