• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rock on with K-ON!

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote
K-ON!
K-ON!! (second season thread starts here)

Hey, it may be another cutesy, bishoujo series based on a 4-koma series, but at least this bridges the fact that Kyoto Animation is tackling the music genre. This series is about four girls who are attempting to revive the music club in their school despite their lack of musical talent. This is also Hisako Yamada's directorial debut, and this person was responsible of those incredibly BAWWWing episodes of Clannad After Story so it should be promising. Hopefully we don't get another staff change incident like what happened in Lucky Star.

I guess it'll be alright to post the youtube teaser promo that premiered after the last episode of Clannad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PXtHG6yhfc

First episode should premiere on 4/2, and since it's taking over Clannad's time spot, we're getting that usual 4:3 presentation with the later 16:9 presentation in the next few weeks at a different channel.

Last edited by darkchibi07 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I actually want to see this show. I loved Lucky Star and AzuDai so I think this will be really fun. And who knows it might surprise us and be the next Beck..... I'm guessing it won't be though.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
Today I read a few chapters of the manga. Its decent, but not very interesting. To be fair though, the color pages were well drawn, but story focused more on the cutesyness and moeness.

Maybe the anime will be better or maybe it'll just be another moe series. At least its not a ecchi harem though.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:19 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this series. It has a interesting and fun plot idea that could be very entertaining. Here's hoping nothing goes wrong. I think Hisako Yamada is the perfect person for the job to pull this off. And, unlike Lucky Star, I doubt the series would benefit any from a staff change.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:32 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
I actually want to see this show. I loved Lucky Star and AzuDai so I think this will be really fun. And who knows it might surprise us and be the next Beck..... I'm guessing it won't be though.

Absolutely right, there's no way it will be, this is KyoAni. What you can expect is a bunch of figs and hug pillows made from the characters.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah but is it me or do they look kind of not like elementary school kids? Like they don't look straight out of ikki tousen (which isn't much better) but they look almost age appropriate. Now if they could act that way, that would be awesome.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Meh, since there is someone here who doesn' t like KyoAni much I'll just put in that I can't imagine this being bad because it's made by KyoAni. I've liked everything they've done thus far.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I usually don't like Kyoani. Besides my beloved Haruhi and Lucky Star. Distressed moe girls #1, 2, 3 and 3.5 are terrible imo and I haven't cared for anything else they did so me being excited about a Kyoani show is getting to be rare.
Psyco13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I usually don't like this type of anime but i loved Lucky Star; I'm just hoping they have some sorta story or if there isn't a story then at least complete random stuff like lucky star Razz

I just don't want it to be all over the place stick to one thing basically Razz
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm looking forward to K-ON! it looks like it's going to be an exciting show and I usually like most shows that have to do with school life so hopefully it's good.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Judging from the trailer it looks like it will at least have some good animation. Though this is to be expected from Kyoto Animation. They may not always work on the best stuff but they do a good job anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jjordan33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
What's the name of that one anime where the title of it is the name of the main character's rock band?

neone know what i'm talking about?
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
S.Canton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
The show does look a bit cutesy, but I think it's worth watching anyway. Just based on the trailer, it looks like something I would be interested in.
jjordan33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:

woot! yeah, that's the one.

thanks, do u know if it's any good?

or if not, neone else know?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 21