• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whats your favourite movie ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:17 pm Reply with quote
quaze6 wrote:
mine is Full Metal Jacket, but if it has to be an anime, then ( since i haven't seen alot of anime movies) Dbz Lord Slug

Ahh, sweet memories of seeing FMJ as a 13 year old boy. They actually have a tribute in Hellsing volume 3.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:
my favorite movie isnt a anime.

I thought we are discussing favorite anime movie, aren't we? Wink

well the subject didn't specify.

and I like being smart ass at times.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Depression

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:26 pm Reply with quote
My favorite anime movie would have Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal Director's Cut. I think that this is an excellent movie because of the detail and effort put into the animation and music.
7r0n

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Pretty much any movie from Hayao Miyazaki. In peticular Spirited Away.

Same here, my favorite anime movies would probably be Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke.

Princess Mononoke because it's one of the first animes that I'd ever seen, and I just thought the message was really good, and I thought San was so cool. Like the scene where she had blood all over her face, I just thought that is was awesome looking. Spirited Away is one of my favorites because I saw it right after Princess Mononoke, so anime was still new to me, and watching it, I was like, "What the heck? This is so weird" It just made me like anime even more, it was a great movie. So I've always been a big Miyazaki fan since.

My favorite movie ever though, is not an anime either (very suprising for me, anime is bascially all I watch) It would definetly be Donnie Darko. That is my absolute favorite movie. (anybody see Donnie Darko, by the way?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:57 pm Reply with quote
i liked Gundam: Chares Counter Attackor DBZ The Wourlds strongest.
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Okay This is an oddity, Pokemon Jirachi Wishmakers. It is the first Pokemon Movie not to be focused on Ash, it was first of any Pokemon movie to have Japansses music at the end, it has chessy music at the Magic Show sence (which fits), it the first of any thing Pokemon to aganalge that movies 3-5 happened, it has a complex villan, it has romace, it mentions Misty (not by name though), and most of all it has an evil Godzilla-like thing that sucks up every thing that's nearby. Plus the short also raminds me of an attack from Ranma 1/2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Sanitarium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:27 pm Reply with quote
7r0n wrote:
My favorite movie ever though, is not an anime either (very suprising for me, anime is bascially all I watch) It would definetly be Donnie Darko. That is my absolute favorite movie. (anybody see Donnie Darko, by the way?)

Wow, finally someone who likes Donnie Darko too!! Shocked
This one is my favourite movie too, no doubt about it.

Another decent one is "My Little Eye", anyone seen this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
balla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Okay This is an oddity, Pokemon Jirachi Wishmakers. It is the first Pokemon Movie not to be focused on Ash, it was first of any Pokemon movie to have Japansses music at the end, it has chessy music at the Magic Show sence (which fits), it the first of any thing Pokemon to aganalge that movies 3-5 happened, it has a complex villan, it has romace, it mentions Misty (not by name though), and most of all it has an evil Godzilla-like thing that sucks up every thing that's nearby. Plus the short also raminds me of an attack from Ranma 1/2.

True but pokemon has gotten so out of control with the number of episodes and such that nobody really knows or cares what happed after 150.
space clam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
My favorite movie ever isn't anime ("This is Spinal Tap" Turn the amp up to 11, kids...). My favorite movie that is anime happens to be Jin-Roh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:21 pm Reply with quote
What is that?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:32 am Reply with quote
Twilight Dragon wrote:
What is that?

Jin-Roh, you mean? It's a psychological thriller kind of movie. It's very slow and may be a little hard for some people to follow. I don't think you'd like it, if slow movies aren't your thing.

Here's the Encylopedia entry.

By the way, my favorite movie is probably... don't laugh now... Ninja Scroll. Well, that or Cowboy Bebop, or maybe Fatal Fury... .
Iria51

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:40 am Reply with quote
For me it would have to be Tonari no Totoro. The Catbus is one of the most unique characters in anime in my opinion. Also, the scene where Satsuki and Totoro were waiting in the rain at the bust stop, was one of my all time favorites. Nausicaa comes in a close second.
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:19 am Reply with quote
Hey i tought Ninja Scroll was good.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I Would lean more towards Ninja Scroll than Ghost in the Shell, GITS didn't excatly live up to it's hype, same goes EOE.

An honorable mention goes to Farewell Yamato and the other classic that is Vampire Hunter D.
M.B.K.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Good Anime-movies too many... The choise is very difficult.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5