• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: FUNimation Suspends Production of Dragon Ball Z Blu-rays

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
It sounded to me like an insane amount of work; I can't believe that they thought it was viable in the first place. They kept all the grain too, which I found odd.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Suspension is not cancellation. They might just have to re-evaluate what they're doing and how much their spending to do it.

The remaster does look pretty good (though a little too dark to me). For the people who didn't get the limited Dragon Boxes, this was a good alternative.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
It sounded to me like an insane amount of work; I can't believe that they thought it was viable in the first place. They kept all the grain too, which I found odd.

Why would you want to DNR the grain out? The grain is the film, and trying to remove it means also removing other fine details. Unless you're Disney, they have Satan doing their restorations for them to make them impeccable.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
everyone loves these releases and consider them the ultimate release of DBZ. of course, funimation realized they did too good a job on the release and must now re-evaluate how they can fudge it up and do a shitty job. thanks funimation!
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
EnigmaticSky wrote:

Why would you want to DNR the grain out? The grain is the film, and trying to remove it means also removing other fine details. Unless you're Disney, they have Satan doing their restorations for them to make them impeccable.

So what you're saying is its impossible to do it, but disney can do it so its not impossible?

Hmm..

They should have included entire seasons per set instead of spliting it into 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1