• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Harvest Moon Bus Tour Takes Japanese Fans to Real Alpaca

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow Harvest Moon is still remembered. Pretty ground breaking game when it came out for SNES. Unfortunately it came late in the SNES life cycle and not well known until after.
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
nhat - The last time you saw anything about Harvest Moon was in the SNES days?! Wow, there are over 20 games (if you include spin-offs) today. It's not super mainstream but this franchise is doing mighty well. Most of the games come out state side also.

Though what is it with the Japanese and giving Alpaca's weird faces, they just don't look right? Like in that Alpaca dating sim...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
inuhime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
This is still my favorite video game series. I hope this new one gets a release stateside soon!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
I've been buying Harvest Moon since the game the Game boy color version. Great game, even now and days. One of the very few JRPG games that is still fun with each game.

The older games I found more interesting and more fun, but games were much different when I was a gamer in the 90's.

I've played the Super Nintendo version on the Wii (I could not find that game anywhere for a reasonable price when SNES still were being sold at brick and mortar shops.) but this is a fantastic series.

You don't see games similar to Harvest Moon these days, with the exception of River King game. Over the years I've heard people call Harvest Moon a dating sim game and while yes, the game does have romantic elements in the game, the romantic elements are quite clean and nothing more than nice messages. Nothing else really and that isn't something that can be said often I imagine.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
Oh. My. God. My dream tour. Anime hyper I was just played Rune Factory Oceans today, and I have the Japanese version of Frontier. That is so cool! I've seen an alpaca and many llamas, but a Harvest Moon themed alpaca tour would be sweeet. If only the One Piece trolleys in Hawaii were a One Piece themed tour. It's just the banner.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote
I still have an alpaca doll from my trip to Peru. They often had them herded together with llamas where I visited (even grazing behind one hotel I stayed at), even got to pet'em, they're pretty agreeable farm animals. I wonder if Japan got their alpacas from Peru, since they have political/historical/economic ties (that whole Fujimori debacle always comes to mind Razz)...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1