• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's your pick of Jadress Holiday Banners.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Of course, if they pasted a picture of a bishonen with an open shirt and tight pants I bet the protestations of nausea from guys would pad out to three page in a matter of hours.

I love looking at naked ladies. I also love keeping my job. If any of this is confusing, I can type it slower.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Aaron White wrote:
Of course, if they pasted a picture of a bishonen with an open shirt and tight pants I bet the protestations of nausea from guys would pad out to three page in a matter of hours.

Exactly!

And sailormech...yes, I've seen myself naked. No, I don't post it on a website so everyone can see it. There's a big difference.

I, for one, am quite happy with the cookie option. I prefer to have the choice whether or not I want to look at certain things.

The mascot I chose for KosaiKon is quite clothed. She still manages to stay "sexy" and "cute" and all, but she's completely clothed. You don't have to have nudity to have a good picture. IMHO, there were better pictures submitted that held the "sexy" look that so many places aim for. But it was the one that actually showed skin that won.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:01 pm Reply with quote
And furthermore, while I'm at it, WAAAAHH!

I really am taking a risk hanging around this site currently, but I'm having too much fun complaining.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Okay, clam down. If you want to rant about it, rant in "Cleavage News Network ". All this topic is for which one you like for the other, not the one that you didn't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Final|Heaven.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I just thought id post something its me matthew one of the lamer artists who entered hehe I suck with color Smile. But id like to say nj to the winner and im really sorry some of you have a problem with such a common thing such as breasts. Well anyways just thought id put my 2 cents in. Was happy just to enter.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Okay, clam down. If you want to rant about it, rant in "Cleavage News Network ".

That would be great. But that topic is locked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Well I'll be. ^^;;;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:14 am Reply with quote
I personally don't have a problem with the new logo, though I definitely can see why some might be offended. That being said, this is still a privately owned site (as far as I know) and the admins can do what they want. Besides, it's not like risque content is anything new to this site. Have you looked at some of those ads for J-List? And they have been right on the front page for as long as I've been here.
Ferquin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't have a problem with it.

Congratulations to the winner and stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Ramen wrote:
Have you looked at some of those ads for J-List? And they have been right on the front page for as long as I've been here.

Cookie and I discussed that. There's a big difference what our is acceptable for our sponsor's to put on the website's banners and what we put on the rest of the website.

There's an implied "we are not responsible for the contents of this advertisement within reason" on any publication or broadcast that runs ads (still, most, including ANN, censor their advertisors sometimes).

So just because something is not innapropriate for J-List to put in their banner, it doesn't make it not innapropriate for us to use as the logo.

Obviously I felt that the original picture was not inappropriate for ANN, but others clearly disagree. Perhaps because I saw it as a pretty piece of artwork whereas others see nothing but the cleavage.

Cassandra wrote:

You don't have to have nudity to have a good picture

I agree 100%. At the same time, I also feel that you can still have a good picture even if there is nudity (or in the case of our logo, cleavage & navel).

[quote]
pictures submitted that held the "sexy" look that so many places aim for.
[quote]

We didn't go for a "sexy" look. I was interested in a "sophisticated" look, and others were much more interested in a simple look (one SD entry was very popular). The logo chosen was neither sophisticated (in appearance, the artwork is quite sophisticated imho) nor simple, but rather fun & festive (as well as sexy), rather appropriate for the occasion, as well a Jadress's personality (perhaps that is why Jadress's creator chose this picture as her favorite).

However, while I have stated that I am baffled (and somewhat dissapointed) by the reaction of some people, I respect their wishes and opinions. True this is privately owned website, and we may do as we wish, but what we wish to do is please our readership. So when our readership reacts in a surprising manner, we try to deal with it in the best way possible. Particularly when certain particular members of the forum whom we respect are among those that do not aprove of our choices.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3