Interest Girls & Panzer's Full-Size Tank Katsu Dish, Cake Unveiled
posted on 2013-02-13 20:10 EST by Egan Loo
Last month, the tonkatsu (fried pork cutlet) restaurant Cook Fan unveiled the final prototype of the full-sized "GaruPan Katsu Real Version" dish inspired by the one seen in the Girls und Panzer anime …
… complete with "specs":
- Main body: Ibaraki Prefecture pork loin, 400-440 grams/0.9-1.0 pounds (hand-sliced, so portions may differ)
- Turret: Potato croquette, 80 grams (0.2 pounds)
- Weight: 480-520 grams (1.1-1.15 pounds)
- Maximum speed: Cannot move
- Firing range: Cannot fire
- Crew capacity (price): Serves 2 for 3,000 yen (US$33)
The restaurant notes that this super-sized version uses 2.6 times the pork used in the "regular" GaruPan Katsu dish it already offers:
A side-by-side comparison:
The restaurant in Mito City began selling the "GaruPan Katsu Real Version" at the end of the month. On a related note, an anonymous fan posted photos of a tank cake created in his or her spare time.
However, the baker cautioned that after putting the cake in the refrigerator for three or four hours, the Pocky flags snapped under the humidity.
Update: Typo fixed. Thanks, Panzer Vor.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history