Interest 'World of Dragon Ball' Exhibit to Open in Japan in March
posted on 2013-03-02 23:57 EST
To celebrate the opening of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods film on March 30, an "Akira Toriyama: The World of Dragon Ball" exhibition will be held in the eighth floor hall of the Nihonbashi Takashimaya store in Tokyo from March 27 to April 15.
The event will display 300 different items related to Akira Toriyama's work on the Dragon Ball series, such as cel art, original color illustrations, and similar production materials. There are seven different areas of the exhibition, in homage to the story's seven dragon balls:
- Dragon Ball I: Dragon Ball Complete History. This part will look back on the work over the years.
- Dragon Ball II: Character Wall. An introduction to over 400 characters who have appeared throughout the series.
- Dragon Ball III: Original Comic Art Gallery. 200 original manga art pieces were selected from the 10.5-year, 519-chapter series, including all the pages from the first and last chapters as well as memorable scenes.
- Dragon Ball IV: Color Illustration Gallery. About 30 color illustrations personally drawn by Akira Toriyama are on display.
- Dragon Ball V: Dragon Ball Treasure Museum. A display of rare Dragon Ball materials.
- Dragon Ball VI: Anime Gallery. A selection of production materials and cels from the world of the anime.
- Dragon Ball VII: Theater Corner. Dragon Ball-related video screenings.
There will also be an onsite shop with exclusive exhibition goods and official tie-in items. Tickets for the event are 800 yen (about US$8.70).
After the exhibition closes in Tokyo on April 15, it will open in Osaka from April 17 to April 23, followed by Nagoya from July 27 to September 1. Publisher Asahi Shimbun-sha is organizing the exhibit is collaboration with Shueisha, Toei Animation, and the film's produciton committee.