News Third Season of NHK's Ani-Kuri Shorts Streamed
posted on 2008-04-02 13:25 EDT
The NHK television network has posted the last five of its Ani-Kuri 15 shorts on its website. These one-minute anime shorts were supervised by some of Japan's most acclaimed directors and creators. ("Ani-Kuri" is short for the Japanese pronunciation of "anime creators.") NHK aired the first of three five-episode "seasons" last May and posted the first ten shorts in January. The third and last season of shorts has actually been airing in Japan since December.
To see the third season, please go to the linked page on NHK's website. After the Flash-animated introduction movie ends, select the "Third Season" cube icon. A cross-shaped menu will appear on the right with the following artists' names (in Japanese):
- Shoji Kawamori 河森正治 ("Project Omega") - Creator, Macross
- Satoshi Kon 今敏 ("Ohayō," pictured above) - Director, Paprika
- Mahiro Maeda 前田真宏 ("Onmitsu Hime," a wordplay on Anmitsu-hime) - Director, Blue Submarine No. 6
- Michael Arias マイケル・アリアス (Okkakekko) - Director, Tekkonkinkreet
- Makoto Shinkai 新海誠 (Neko no Shūkai) - Creator, 5 Centimeters Per Second
To see a particular creator's short, select the creator's name and then select the "Movie" button.
Available Now: Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace ― Welcome to Anime News Network's Summer 2015 Preview Guide! Here's how it goes: our team of critics write up their impressions instantly and they get posted as they go along. Each critic will cover as many shows as they can handle, resulting...
- Captain Earth
- Haikyu!! ― Jump to this week's reviews: Captain Earth Collection 1Haikyu!! Collection 1 On Shelves This Week A Lull in the Sea - Complete Collection BD [Premium] NIS America - Hyb - MSRP $179.99Currently cheapest at: $134.99 Right Stuf Synopsis: Humans used to inhabit the seas, until one day, a group of humans...