News Arata-naru Sekai Project's Promo Video Posted
posted on 2012-08-08 14:45 EDT
The official website for Hitoma Iruma's (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko) Arata-naru Sekai mixed-media project began streaming a promotional video on Wednesday. The project includes a manga, a novel, and a video anime. The promotional video previews all three parts of the project.
The studio MADHOUSE, production company Aniplex, and musical composer Naoki Chiba ("naotyu") are using Iruma's script to create the anime about the future part of the project's story. Marina Kawano (A-Channel, Natsume's Book of Friends) is contributing a theme song.
The story follows a "time researcher" and a group of children in a depopulated world that finds itself stuck in time. In order to save humanity, some of the characters are chosen to travel to the future (depicted in the anime), and others to the past (depicted in the manga), while those who are deemed unsuitable for the technology stay in the present (depicted in the novel.)
For the manga about the story's past, Iruma is collaborating with artist Kendi Oiwa (Goth, Tsukumo Happy Soul, Welcome to the N.H.K.). For the novel about the story's present day, he is collaborating with illustrator Kurehito Misaki.
A Complete Box containing the 144-page "Past" manga, the 264-page "Present" novel, the "Future" anime Blu-ray Disc and DVD, and a soundtrack CD will ship on October 20.
Update: This is the main staff of the anime:
- Original Creator: Hitoma Iruma
- Original Character Design: Kurehito Misaki
- Director: Yuzuru Tachikawa
- Character Design: Shinichi Kurita
- Art Design: Kaoru Aoki
- Art Director: Masanobu Nomura
- Color Key: Ken Hashimoto
- Director of Photography: Atsushi Ozawa
- 3D Director: Shuhei Yabuta
- Editor: Kashiko Kimura
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama
- Music: Naoki Chiba ("naotyu-")
- Animation Production: MADHOUSE
- Theme Song: Marina Kawano
- Theme Song Produced By Satoru Kousaki (monaca)
- Production: Arata-naru Sekai Project
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history