News Azure Striker Gunvolt Anime's English-Dubbed Trailer Reveals February 9 Launch
posted on 2017-02-01 01:35 EST
Game developer Inti Creates began streaming a trailer on Tuesday for the anime of its Azure Striker Gunvolt (Armed Blue Gunvolt in Japan) Nintendo 3DS game, and the trailer reveals that the anime will debut on February 9 on the Nintendo 3DS e-Shop. The trailer is available in both English-dubbed and English-subtitled versions.
The English-dubbed trailer reveals the anime's English cast:
- Josh Keller as Gunvolt, "Azure Striker"
- Diana Garnet as Lumen / Joule, "The Muse"
- Maxwell Powers as Asimov
- Hannah Grace as Moniqa
- Stephen Wiley as Zeno
- Chris Nelson as Nova, "The Mighty"
The Japanese trailer reveals two additional cast members, both of which reprise their roles from the game: Moemi Otaka as Moniqa, and Haruki Ishiya as Zeno. The rest of the Japanese cast includes:
- Kaito Ishikawa as Gunvolt, "Azure Striker"
- Megu Sakuragawa as Lumen / Joule, "The Muse"
- Masashi Yukita as Asimov
- Ayumu Murase as Nova, "The Mighty"
The anime was originally slated for a winter 2016 release, but was delayed. Part of the original video anime (OVA) was screened at the "INTI CREATES FAN FESTA 20th Anniversary" event in November.
The anime's staff includes:
- Director/Storyboards/Producer: Yoshinori Odaka (B-Daman CrossFire, Cross Fight B-Daman eS)
- Script: Shigeru Murakoshi (Garo the Animation, Garo: Crimson Moon)
- Character Design/Animation Supervisor: Masakazu Sunagawa (Nōgyō Musume!, Maken-Ki! Battling Venus)
- Action Animation Director/Key Animator: Kōdai Kawase (Flowers of Evil, Blade & Soul key animation)
- Props/Mecha Design: Ryuta Nakahara (Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo, Robot Girls Z)
- Director of Photography: Polunt Sai
- Filming: LandQ Studios
- Background Art Director: Kenichi Kurata (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine)
- Background Art: Baku Production
- Color Design: Kanna Terabun (Battle Girls - Time Paradox, Ozma, Robot Girls Z)
- In-Between Check: Mikie Matsuyama (Oreshura, Oreimo 2)
Ippō Yamada (Mega Man Zero, Mighty No.9) and Ryo Kawakami (Mega Man ZX) are composing the anime's music.
Inti Creates developed the first game with concepts by Keiji Inafune of Mega Man/Rockman fame, and released the game in Japan and North America in August 2014.
Inti Creates released the Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 sequel game digitally last August in Japan. The company released the Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack that features the Azure Striker Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 games in a physical package in Japan at the same time.
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 debuted digitally in North America in September. Inti Creates also released the Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack in October after a delay.