• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:31 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
But he "admits" to all of the other TRSI/Critical Mass titles. In any case, I just checked the English credits of both episodes of Maple Colors, and those of Sexy Sailor Soldiers, and his last name is spelled "KLECKNER" in all three cases. These are entry typoes.

Merged, and thanks for checking those titles directly.

You're welcome. Very Happy
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I've got another one:

Robert Ashker KRAFT is the same as Robert KRAFT.

If you check out the website of Robert Ashker Kraft, his animation demo closes with Kenshiro's "You're already dead" line, a role currently attributed to Robert Kraft. That's the only line from the reel that I recognized though. His resume also lists FotNS, but unfortunately that is the only anime role on it. Also in the Bio section he alludes to 10 years of experience in anime (which his LinkedIn supports), and in the press releases, the top one claims "numerous English-dubbed features for ADV Films," so I think we are looking at the same person here.

I don't have disks to see if any of the Robert Kraft credits really say Robert A(shker) Kraft, but Pumpkin Scissors is on Netflix, so I could look at that when I get home.

(And I'll wait on adding pic and bio info until it's been decided if they should be merged or not.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I have all of 009-1, Dai-Guard and Utawarerumono so I can check if you like (and if you remind me - long day involving lots of walking in high temperatures, sitting in hot vehicles, and codeine)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:13 am Reply with quote
Finished

I have finished reviewing Robert (Ashker) KRAFT's credits on my DVD copies.

I do not own and therefore cannot confirm:

• Comic Party Revolution (OAV) as Yuuzo
• King of Bandit Jing in Seventh Heaven (OAV) as Campari

I also cannot confirm because my disc (volume 2/eps. 6-9) will not play:

• Devil Lady (TV) as Shiro Sakazawa (6-9?)

I also cannot confirm because he does not appear in the credits of any of the episodes:

Utawarerumono as Goateed Villager (ep 1)

The source for the "Goateed Villager" entry is "Voice ID".

I have reviewed the (entire) series and confirmed/updated his entries in the following series:

• 009-1 (TV)
• Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma (as Robert Ashker KRAFT)
• Comic Party: Revolution (TV)
• Coyote Ragtime Show (TV) ([NOT CREDITED])
• Dai-Guard (TV) as Army Radio Voice (ep 1); Colonel Nishina (eps 5, 10, 12, 13, 19, 24-26); Pilot, Soldier and/or Officer (ep. 2) (The credit reads: "Pilots, Soldiers & Officers"); [unnamed] (eps 3, 4)
• Devil Lady (TV)
• Eden's Bowy (TV)
• Gatchaman (TV)
• Getbackers (TV)
• Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor (TV)
• MazinKaiser (OAV)
• New Fist of the North Star (OAV)
• Papuwa (TV)
• Pumpkin Scissors (TV)
• Soul Hunter (TV)
• Wedding Peach (TV) & Wedding Peach DX (OAV—he's not credited, but WTH—I had the disc out anyway)

Exception: I only checked episodes 83 & 84 of Gatchaman—the character is apparently the villain-of-the-week for episode 84, and the series is too long to go through the whole thing.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Akai Shuichi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
Haruka Kawai #92755 is an alias for Satomi Koorogi #504.

Both are the same person, though there are two profiles for her.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Haruka Kawai
Satomi Koorogi

Please provide sources. It also helps to search for previous reports since one does exist in this case: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=967708#967708
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
• Dai-Guard (TV) as Army Radio Voice ; Nishina ; Officer ; Pilot ; Soldier*

Ah dang... 26 episodes and no precision.

Well, it is "Robert Kraft" for episode 1.

PS, I believe he entered some of the credits himself, including the "robertakraft" email address.

Coincidentally, there is another Robert A Kraft in Texas who is a lawyer.

DerekTheRed wrote:
(And I'll wait on adding pic and bio info until it's been decided if they should be merged or not.)

Sorry, I hadn't spotted that line and just added the pic and site link automatically.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Ain't no thang.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Please provide sources. It also helps to search for previous reports since one does exist in this case: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=967708#967708

That is in the Encyclopedia Staff forum, which I believe he wouldn't be able to search. For general reference though, the sources are:
Les Voix G.Pure Beautyplanets

Not to mention that I have heard a few voice samples of "Haruka Kawai" before and her distinct voice is rather obvious to me, for what that's worth.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
That is in the Encyclopedia Staff forum, which I believe he wouldn't be able to search.

I hadn't even noticed, sorry ^^;
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 am Reply with quote
I think that perhaps

1. Motoaki IKEGAMI
2. Motoaki IKENOUE
3. Harutoshi IKEGAMI

are all the same people, with number 1 being the main entry and the other two being misreadings somewhere along the line. I was looking through the Tylor TV and saw that 1 and 3 were both credited as director of photography and I became inquisitive due to their similar names. For the record, the TV opening credits in English all seem to credit 3. Then, I googled the kanji for 1, looking for a source that I could read to verify my suspicions, and it led me to 2, who has the exact same entered as their name in kanji in the encyclopedia.
K-Shuun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
person#2383
person#20985

I believe they are both the same person, while watching the Gungrave DVD, in the english credits the character "Jester" is voiced by Yosuke Akimoto.

Sorry if I'm missing something in this report, my first time making one.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
The source for the Gungrave credit is D2_Station. The specific page:
http://www1.vecceed.ne.jp/~m-satomi/GUNGRAVE.sub1.html
He is there twice with the same spelling.

While it may not be exhaustive, Yousuke's agency page does not mention Gungrave.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
K-Shuun wrote:
person#2383
person#20985

I believe they are both the same person, while watching the Gungrave DVD, in the english credits the character "Jester" is voiced by Yosuke Akimoto.

Shiroi Hane wrote:
The source for the Gungrave credit is D2_Station. The specific page:
http://www1.vecceed.ne.jp/~m-satomi/GUNGRAVE.sub1.html
He is there twice with the same spelling.

While it may not be exhaustive, Yousuke's agency page does not mention Gungrave.

Unfortunately, the Geneon USA volume 1 DVD only has English-language credits, and the sole remaining Japanese-language Gungrave site does not list Jester (Maria's foster father). (I could not get the Wayback Machine's copies of the former TV Tokyo site to load, and the gungrave.com site was apparently concentrated on the game.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:50 am Reply with quote
A challenge! (and I'm more away now than I was at 4:30)

He's not on the staff page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040608082543/http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gungrave/staff.html

The character page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040608081623/http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gungrave/character.html
Only has four characters and doesn't list seiyuu anyway.

The question is whether to believe M. Satomi or Geneon USA. If Satomi is right then either it was mistyped in the credits, this is an alias, or he's never worked on anything else.

A search for "秋元羊一" "ガングレイヴ" brings up one other page, http://skytopaz.web.fc2.com/animation-a.html - which is also the only result for "秋元羊一" "秋元羊介" (other than a general names site)

OTOH, "秋元羊介" "ガングレイヴ" returns 664 results so I'm inclined to side with Geneon on this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 72 of 144