• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (TV, both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
>Neit offers her breasts to Tori for groping
>Tori gropes her breasts
>Neit gets indignant about it, and sends him flying with a smack

I do not understand.

Neit didn't know that groping was the thing they needed her help for. She was pounding her chest like she knew she was important, not telling him to grab her breasts.

It seems ANN/CR's subtitles lose the wordplay in translation. It's translated as "I, Neit Mitotsudaira, am happy to lend you my chest." The line "lend you my chest" only has three pages of results on Google, mostly all translations of Japanese...so it doesn't really have any idiomatic meaning in English.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
>Tori gropes her breasts

I do not understand.

Neit didn't know that groping was the thing they needed her help for. She was pounding her chest like she knew she was important, not telling him to grab her breasts.

It seems ANN/CR's subtitles lose the wordplay in translation. It's translated as "I, Neit Mitotsudaira, am happy to lend you my chest." The line "lend you my chest" only has three pages of results on Google, mostly all translations of Japanese...so it doesn't really have any idiomatic meaning in English.

Maybe its a fansub. because I didn't see chest in my version
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
>Tori gropes her breasts

I do not understand.

Maybe its a fansub. because I didn't see chest in my version

I'm not talking about a fansub, I'm talking about the official subtitles from the simulcast by TheAnimeNetwork and CrunchyRoll.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
TheSwedishElf wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Quote:
"Legal to show on Japanese television" =/= "issue of sexual assault should be made into something funny".

Simple, there is no such issue.

And that's where I stop giving a shit about anything you have to say regarding my view. The fact that you think sexual assault is not a serious real-life issue speaks volumes, as does your belief that anime doesn't constantly make it into a big joke.

Where the hell did I say sexual assault is not a real-life issue?
Horizon has nothing to do with real-life issues. If I wanted a discussion about real-life issues such as sexual assault I would find the appropriate forum and not kerjigger that nonsense into a topic about an ecchi anime.

Entertainment media(It's odd for you to draw the line at anime) makes light countless serious real-life problems. Obvious truth is obvious.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Just a few short weeks ago I was complaining about A Dark Rabbit being confusing mishmash of stock anime fiction elements and plot devices.

Then this comes along.

On the scale of incoherent Horizon scores at least 5x what I was complaining about before. Nothing makes sense. For example this Musashi teacher gal -- if she is so badass awesome fight anything combat paragon just how did she get thrown out of her apartment in the first place? Just a minor thing but I hope they can do better to get the story action going along.

I'll watch a few more episodes and I hope they get it together but I don't see how.

And complaining about sexual harassment on an anime super-hero type character makes even less sense. Just sayin. (And just for those of you who are logic challenged: saying that that is not the same thing as saying you should like it or think it is funny or necessary to the plot or anything.)
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Where the hell did I say sexual assault is not a real-life issue?

"There is no such issue." Was I not supposed to interpret that as saying it's not an issue?

Quote:
It's odd for you to draw the line at anime

I don't. Anime just tends to have the worst examples. And we happen to be discussing anime, so yeah.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"There is no such issue." Was I not supposed to interpret that as saying it's not an issue?

Well your interpretations are completely [EXPLETIVE] off. Fiction making light of real world issues is not the same as me claiming that sexual assault is not a serious real issue.

Quote:
I don't. Anime just tends to have the worst examples. And we happen to be discussing anime, so yeah.

Worst? Pshaw you just need to get out more. I can provide worse examples from almost any show or movie that is set in prison and then there are British comedies...goodness I think every episode of Are you being served is an example of to sexually harass people at a department store. Try not to watch any R or unrated live action comedies that feature John Cho, Seann William Scott, or Anna Faris. Some of those might really give you some real [EXPLETIVE] awesomely bad examples of live action sexual assault done for a laugh.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote
Hm episode 3 was interesting. We got to see the past with Toori and Horizon and why he is so scared of the Path of remorse. The terms are getting more confusing but I am still enjoying this show.
deskiejhan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:09 am Reply with quote
Not familiar with this one…at first site thought the character was from the Code Geass. Is it new? (-.-)
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:53 am Reply with quote
Yes, it just began this month.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote
When I see this kind of aggressive relativism it reminds me of that time Thomas Kuhn threw an ashtray at a graduate students head.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
heh, I like the blind girl. I like the way she talks. 2nd will have to be...Margot for her constantly smiling face.

Still not quite sure what this exorcism is for. And looks like action starts next episode from the look of things.

The more I watch this anime, the more it looks like it's based on a japanese Tactical RPG...with mild eroge elements.

Anymouse wrote:
When I see this kind of aggressive relativism it reminds me of that time Thomas Kuhn threw an ashtray at a graduate students head.

What's that a reply to?
Anymouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:53 am Reply with quote
Mainly ArsenicSteel.
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
Oh hey, so, I'm five episodes in now, and I still have no bloody clue what's going on for the most part... But hey, the fight scenes are pretty cool! I'm not sure why, but I just can't drop this series. Something keeps me coming back week after week. Sure, it's ridiculously convoluted, introducing over 9000 new concepts every episode, but I think now that spoiler[the big bang has occured], it might settle into something of a groove.

Hell, who am I kidding! Here's to cool fight scenes! \o/
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:
Oh hey, so, I'm five episodes in now, and I still have no bloody clue what's going on for the most part...

Episodes 1-5 take place within the same day and it's pretty much the protagonist and his gang having fun or preparing for the protagonist's confession. Episodes 2-3 (4 also...?) show the perspective of some female characters, but I do not know if they're that important. They should be though. Episodes 2-3/4 reveals what else was happening during the one day these episodes took place in and episode 5 concludes the day.

This is probably a minor spoiler but it basically explains what happened - spoiler[The protagonist, Aoi Toori, has his waifu* taken away from him. He starts war with the rest of the world to get her back. *Horizon/P-01s]

I'm still enjoying this show and loving the characters - particularly Tadakatsu and Kazuno. They're one of the most bad-ass pairs I've seen and episode 5 left me in [manly] tears.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9