• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Separate seasons vs. separate series?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I think this thread should become a good place to discuss whether a series should be separated or merged, for it looks like they should be determined on individual basis (sigh). Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

While we are on this topic, I've found another similar problem: one Japanese title being divided by licensors into two, such as Magic Knight Rayearth 2 and Peach Girl: Change of Heart. Suggestions?

I don't know about this problem as a whole, but in the case of MKR and MKR2, I believe they should remain separated. They both have drastically different plots, and a huge new cast of characters joins the cast in season 2 as well. In my mind, I think of it as one long series, but it's really more like 2 when you think about it.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:38 am Reply with quote
One series I've been thinking could be spilt is Galaxy Angel A. I'm not quite sure but I think Bandai may be handling them as separate series. Calling the DVD release Galaxy Angel A Complete Collection and only including the first 26 episodes makes me believe Galaxy Angel A and Galaxy Angel AA may be considered separate series. They both have different titles, opening themes, and ending themes so it may fit too. I'm pretty sure Bandai had to license them separately too (not sure about it but they've only released the first half), which would point even more to them being separate series. If contacting Bandai about it is possible I'd like to do that, but I'm not sure if it would be worth contacting them over something so trivial. The only official evidence that I know of of them being the same series is that the DVD releases of both GAA and GAAA are listed on the same page on the Japanese website while every other series is listed separately. I can't read Japanese so I don't know if it says anything else about it on the site. I think it would be best to wait and see how Bandai handles GAAA before considering spliting them though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2