• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
..and it was only 4 posts ago that I said the same thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Master Luc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:57 am Reply with quote
Douglas RYE and Doug Rye should be merged together!
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote
In the French dublist of Escaflowne TV

anime#240

You'll see this VA repeated: Olivier Jakovik playing Van Fanel.

The correct name is Olivier Jankovic with an N. (already listed)
Pyoko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Is there even a point in reporting errors anymore considering stuff that was reported months ago still hasn't been fixed?

Anyway, YANOI Tatsumi (incorrect) and YANO Tatsumi (correct) are the same.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Pyoko wrote:
Is there even a point in reporting errors anymore considering stuff that was reported months ago still hasn't been fixed?

Where was I? Since last November?

It's easy to fix misspelled romaji. However, what the heck am I gonna do with non-Japanese aliases, particularly those involved with unions? Many voice actors had requested not to link his/her aliases with their real names due to union issues, yet reports as such still pour in.

Even with romaji, things can get complicated when people chose to twist the transiteration a little instead of using the "direct" transiteration. Examples like Anne Suzuki, Keiichi Sigsawa, and Halko Momoi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
wao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:53 am Reply with quote
Just out of interest, dormcat, are you the only one in charge of checking this stuff? If so... ouch...

Here's another one anyway, don't know if it's been mentioned before

Yuh Honda == Yuu Honda == Takeshi Honda

All of them are 本田雄 : check the humongous amount of episode credit lists for NGE for Yuh Honda, and as for Fatal Fury I got no source, though I'm extremely sure it's the same person. For Beck we have the ever-helpful Satomi's database here (ep 7)

His name is Takeshi and not Yuh/Yuu: it's in the freaking news at ANN, and it's quite well known in general. You'd find it on many sites talking about animators, his JA Wikipedia entry says Takeshi Honda, etc etc etc... He is one of the best more recent Japanese anime animators out there; he got to become an animation director for Nadia at the young age of 22!

EDIT: Eiji Kurokawa is actually a penname for Shoji Kawamori, as per Hatena Diary entry, this google cache. Here it's also implied that Eiji Kurokawa is his other name... He appears in Kawamori shows.

I think Akitsugu Shirakawa might be an alias too but I got no proof.

EDIT2: I'm also fairly sure Issei Kume == Kazunari Kume The KOR connection, plus this site (warning: NSFW) that shows Kazunari as the director of Angelium, mentions the Human Crossing and Legend of Black Heaven/Kacho Ouji connection as well... and it can be read as Kazunari or Issei, I just don't know which is correct.
Furthermore I think the director of Human Crossing is actually that guy, not... Akira Kumeichi (wrong splitting!!) or Kazunari Kumi (typo)

EDIT3: Akiko Goto == Shoko Goto Both are 後藤章子 according to NieA (Shoko) and Tsubasa (Akiko)

EDIT4:
Another one: Tomoyuki Munehiro == Tomoyuki Munchiro (typo)

Check out the other "Final Line" people for Angelium, a number of them were involved in the same eps of Aquarion for the same job (Studio A.P.P.P's episodes) as Tomoyuki Munehiro. Munchiro certainly isn't a Japanese surname - or any kind of surname as far as I'm aware of, anyway.I think someone looked at the english credits and saw a "e" as a "c".

EDIT5: Split Hitomi Takahashi into two - one is the famous singer and one is some person from Studio Road doing digital paint... coincidentially they have exactly the same kanji (then again it's not like it's such an uncommon name, so)
Wow, Hitomi Takahashi's only about 2 months older than me... her birthday's coming up too.

EDIT6: Yasafumi Yoda (typo) == Yasufumi Yoda
Also, Akira Yoda (more entries) probably == Akiyoshi Yoda (依田明良)
EDIT7: Forgot to mention, Takayuki Yamaguchi needs to be split... The recording assistant is 山口貴之, the seiyuu the given kanji, and the manga of Kakugo no Susume/Apocalypse Zero is 山口貴由(wikipedia)

EDIT8: Tsutomu Kawahigashi == Tsutomu Kawato (I realise I've added one to both... oh well)

EDIT9: Astuo Sugiyama is a misspelling of Atsuo Sugiyama
EDIT10: Takashi Harada needs to be split: one is the musician for Palme no Ki (the kanji, picture, and website and news are his), the other is the producer/planner for TV Tokyo 原田孝.

EDIT11: Yoko Sasa == Yoko Sassa.

Last edited by wao on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:54 am; edited 9 times in total
Goras

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote
I created this person accidentaly 54189: person#54189

wich is the same as: 15380 person#15380

pls remove it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Monster Maetsuka
person#50278

Monster Maezuka
person#46846

The second one is correct, according to his website (though every other site says Maetsuka, hence the error.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xuebaochai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Merge Juro Sugimura (13794) AND Shigerou Sugimura (25795) AND Shigeo Sugimura (54358) INTO Juro

杉村重郎 seems to be in the database as Juro Sugimura, Shigerou Sugimura and Shigeo Sugimura (this last one, I entered, waruine)
http://movie.goo.ne.jp/cast/93360/index.html

Cannot find a preferred reading, but Juro seems to be the preferred spelling in former ANN entries.
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Naiké Fauvreau (40000) and Naïké Fauveau (29306) is the same person being the second name the correct spelling.

I agree, this just seems to be too much workload for just 1 person.

EDIT: Philippe Dumat (53732) and Philippe Dumas (31014). Philippe Dumat is the right spelling.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Same person:
Sho FUMIMURA #7168
Yoshiyuki OKAMURA #2443

You should probably use Buronson or Sho FUMIMURA as the main name because I don't think he's ever used "Yoshiyuki Okamura" (his real name) professionally.
wao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote
Reiko Iwasawa == Reiko Iwazawa

And this one still hasn't been fixed -

Youichi Oogami == Yoichi Ogami == Yoichi Ohkami

The voice actress for Xian in the anime Palme no Ki, Kouka, is actually the singer for the theme song in that show, Akino Arai. She also sings "Xian no Uta". There are a 5 sites I can find that say they are the same - I haven't watched the film so I don't know if they sound the same, but here are the sites (all in Japanese)

1. Skylounge.org - EXTREMELY extensive database of Akino Arai knowledge, from her most obscure tracks to production details of some others... Look for the line 昭乃さんは、この映画でシアン役を声優「香花」名義で参加しています。Very reliable source on Akino information. This is probably the biggest verifier.
2. This message board maintained by "Fukasawa" who is an Akino Arai fan. Look for the line "音楽はもちろんですが、シアン役の香花=昭乃さんでした。"
3. Akihi's blog Look for the line "このとき昭乃さんはテーマソングを歌うほか、香花という名前で声優もやっている。"
4. Google cache of blog Look for the line "声優のクレジットには「香花(こうか)」と書かれていますが、この方の正体は昭乃さんご本人。"

5. Review of the anime here. Look for the line "ヴォーカルは新居昭乃。アニメファンだけでなく、ちょっとした音楽ファンにも知られている彼女は、「じつはSF小説も好き」な人でもあり、今作ではエンディング曲も担当していますし、「シアンの声優は彼女の歌が決まった後に選んだ」そうですので、彼女のファンなら是非その声もチェックしてください。"
darthrare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote
This one is the same:

Rossy Aguirre==Rosy Aguirre

The Rossy Aguirre name, which i believe it's the real one, has appear in a site that i found and it's very realable. I have copy/paste her name and a dub, both anime and non-anime, and also the site where you can find it:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/doblajesp/A.html

LA ABEJITA HUTSCH / JOSE MIEL (Honeybee Hutsch)
Tina: Rossy Aguirre

ABRA CADABRA (Hocus Pocus)
Allison: Rossy Aguirre
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote
That's so true about Rossy/Rosy Aguirre! It was one of the first errors I noticed when I joined ANN. Rossy with 2 "S" is the right spelling. Rosy with 1 S is wrongly spelled.

Talking about mexican VA's that's being repeated all over the place, I'd like to mention the multiple entries for the same VA:

Gabriela Willert = Gabriella Willert = Gaby Willert = Gabriela Willer = Liza Willert

Liza Willert, Gabriela Willert and Gaby Willert are correct spelling. However I believe they should use Gaby Willert as the official name since it's the name the actress is best known as.
cloyce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quote
I noticed that "Tommy FEBRUARY" (#47941) and "Tommy HEAVENLY" (#53918) have separate entries.

They're both stage names for Tomoko Kawase. The main entry should probably be hers, and the "Tommy *" ones should be pointers to that. Who knows when she'll change her name again?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 144