• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Heh, wow, just rewatched the intro and ending of MoHS again, and it *kinda* reminded me of just why I loved this series so much.

I'm not a total obsessive, I just thought this was a truly awesome series, and my memory of it had been failing till I rewatched the intro and ending.

On a side note, I just found (on youtube,) a clip of it in German... Now i'm not german, so i couldn't tell you if it was a pisstake or anything, but I was just wondering if it had really been dubbed sneakily without me realising?

Anyways, Haruhism all the way.......
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote
The ending dance to me was just Awesome, me and a few of my friends memorized it and were gonna do it at a talent show, but the 2 of the girls wouldnt do it so it was shot down.....

I LOVE THAT DANCE!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Any time I need a pick me up...like after Saikano I watch the ending theme it makes me feel good inside especially kyons facial expression in the dance, the "why the hell am I hear" look. Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:54 am Reply with quote
SHnY can't get licensed fast enough in the 'States because of...Playboy?

http://dotclue.org/archives/002601.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
crow-kun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:10 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Wasn't there a whole battle in FLCL with Haruko wearing a bunny girl outfit? And I'm pretty sure in Japan they don't even associate Bunnygirl with playboy anymore but with sexiness in general.....KNEEL BEFORE THE MIGHT THAT IS THE U.S. PATENT!!!!
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty stupid if its true. And if it was, wouldn't they be able to sue Kyoto Animation for doing it in the first place?
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
That's pretty stupid if its true. And if it was, wouldn't they be able to sue Kyoto Animation for doing it in the first place?

No since it occurs in a diffrent country Wink but its still stupid to register a trade mark like that I mean come on. Mad
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Well if thats true im just going to have to sit in my room all angry like and wish Playboy didn't exist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

There's a short article on Anime News Service that covers the same thing.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Man, I think this just about makes everybody's day today. And I thought my mid-terms were bad, this is bad. I think somebody needs to show this series to Hugh Hefner.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:52 pm Reply with quote
So how exactly did FLCL get in the States since Haruko wore a bunny suit? Synch-Point must have pony up lots of cash to pull that off. Rolling Eyes
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Please, I bet there's no truth in that theory whatsoever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Well I have to say it's a pretty stupid reason for Haruhi not to get licensed/not be licensed so far. I think they'll be able to get around it eventually, though, if this "patent theory" is valid. If FLCL got away with it, then I'm sure Haruhi can too.... hopefully.

Wolverine Princess, how are you doing? I read about the huge earthquake in Hawaii, and when I didn't see you posting for a couple days, I got a little concerned.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm not buying that the bunnygirl outfit is the problem until I hear something official. It's already been mentioned that other anime (and games, according to the Anime News Service article) and if Hugh Hefner or the Playboy lawyers were concerned about that, they would sue Kyoto Animation because, the last I checked, trademarks and copyrights are international.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:

Wolverine Princess, how are you doing? I read about the huge earthquake in Hawaii, and when I didn't see you posting for a couple days, I got a little concerned.

[OT]
I was sleeping while it happened. If my dog wasn't barking so loudly at it, I probably would have slept through the whole thing. In fact, I went back to sleep for another hour after it happened, and when I woke up a little while later I was like, "Oh, I guess that was a earthquake. Meh." Having the power shut off was awful, though. Some parts of the island got their power back as early as 4:00 PM, and my house didn't get the power back on until 10:00 PM. And we didn't have any warm water either, so I had to take a freezing-cold shower. It was certainly an interesting experience, though, since I've never experienced an earthquake before. I heard on the news today that there were no injuries, although there were multiple accounts of property damage.
[/OT]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 71 of 213