• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Manga's Final Volume to Add 28 New Pages

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
The ending did feel a little abrupt but I did enjoyed it. Now we have to play the waiting game and see the extra 28 pages. It could be possible that the 28 pages are drafts that Sadamoto scrapped off during the initial run. But I'm more interested in the music cd, I wonder what he listened to when he drew and drafted the manga.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
28 pages of congratulations Shinji
SamusekTDS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Ah ok.... I'll add my voice to those who were wondering wtf was taking Viz so long to get it out since its been a year since the manga ended.

Did not realize it hadn't even been released collected in Japan.

So let's see:
2012-11-22 (Japan Volume 13)
Amazon says the Viz one was Nov 6 2012

did it really release here BEFORE Japan?!

Well hopefully history repeats itself but still, November is a long way away. Fitting for it to finish just before Rebuild does.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
PipingHotTea wrote:
The ending did feel a little abrupt but I did enjoyed it. Now we have to play the waiting game and see the extra 28 pages. It could be possible that the 28 pages are drafts that Sadamoto scrapped off during the initial run. But I'm more interested in the music cd, I wonder what he listened to when he drew and drafted the manga.

Komm, susser Tod 2013 Version PianoForte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuRwRlicEmw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
It's just 28 pages of Shinji and Kaworu sitting at a piano, fondling each other.

No, wait, that was Rebuild of Evangelion 3.33.

This is you:

Rightfully angry at the incompetence and underhandedness of the people in charge?

I guess that's true. The third Rebuild movie is sh*t.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lawliet07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Rightfully angry at the incompetence and underhandedness of the people in charge?

Whining like a bitter toddler =/= rightful anger.

Rebuild 2.0 was hot f***ing garbage anyhow so i'm glad Anno used it as bait for a better film.
Quark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
It's just 28 pages of Shinji and Kaworu sitting at a piano, fondling each other.

This is you:

Boo freakin' hoo. Get over it already, you sound like a child.

I don't have any of the Eva manga, so LE with bookends sounds like a good time to start collecting.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote
Quark wrote:

How about no? I have a perfectly justified hatred for the trainwreck that 3.33 was, with its cast of worthless do-nothing characters and go-nowhere plot. How about either making a counter argument or else leave the opinion alone?

Sadamoto obviously has more of a storytelling talent than Anno does at this point, so maybe he should have written the third movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lawliet07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Quark wrote:

How about no? I have a perfectly justified hatred for the trainwreck that 3.33 was, with its cast of worthless do-nothing characters and go-nowhere plot. How about either making a counter argument or else leave the opinion alone?

Sadamoto obviously has more of a storytelling talent than Anno does at this point, so maybe he should have written the third movie.

You really do sound like a pretentious child at this point. 3.33 makes more sense when watched more than once (not saying its a perfect film or anything cause it is not). How about providing a solid opinion that doesn't cling to cognitive dissonance while pulling the self-entitlement card? Don't tell others to form a counterargument when half of yours reeks of trash.

God no. Keep that hack away from writing material involving Eva after his classless manga ruined what made NGE unique in the first place, Sadamoto only excels in art style and it shows. He'd make an even worse film than 2.22.
Quark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Quark wrote:

Or maybe you could try to leave the poor dead horse alone. It's been beaten enough already. There's no point in providing a counter-argument (I tried already) because you refuse to listen.
It seems to me that the rules here state this: "Repeating the same opinion over and over again every single time you get the opportunity will not be tolerated here." Yet you feel you need to turn every Eva-related forum into the "Penguintruth Hates Eva 3.33 Show". We all know how you feel about the movie. It's annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Wait a moment... there are people who liked 3.33? I was never very fond of the new Eva trilogy in first place, but 3.33 was dissapointly dumb and empty.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping for another simultaneous release in West & Japan. Wonder if we'll get the music CD too? Fat chance I'd say...

As for Eva 3.33, I loved it. It fits in with the greater scope if we take into account that the films continue after the series. Lots of revealing things. True, it does sort of kick you in the balls given we were suddenly thrown into a plot alongside Shinji where the characters we knew and loved significantly changed. A pretty ballsy move. No doubt I can sympathize with the fandom when it has the carpet so swiftly pulled out from underneath us. But I'm interested in seeing where this is going. Given teh nature of what we've learnt, they can always redo this over and over again amirite? Razz

sainta wrote:
28 pages of congratulations Shinji

This.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

The hate is strong in this one.

Listen, I totally understand your grumpiness towards the film, but geez dude, let it go already. I'm probably just as big of an Evangelion fan as you are and even I'm not still regurgitating the same complaints over internet forums. It just gets tiring reading comments that don't really add anything new to the discussion. I mean, I disliked the first two way more than the third, but I guess that's irrelevant. But at least the third film added SOMETHING new to the franchise, good or not. And I can at least respect that. I love Eva but at the same time I hate it. How does that make any sense? I'm sure it doesn't to anyone besides myself. But at least I can learn to accept the fact that Anno will never be done butt-[expletive] his fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2