• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: August 2015 Naruto Film to Tell Bolt's Story After Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duovix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
What was the point of ending the manga when Kishimoto could have started fresh with a new arc? One that doesn't involve trying to save Sasuke since that's that ONLY thing Shippuden's been about.

I guess he didn't want to just prolonging the series. I wish Part III would be about Naruto's life as a Hokage and focusing on him.

Naruto's life after becoming hokage will make it Naruto GT. Atm Naruto along with Sauske are the most powerful people alive by far(if they kept the six paths sage power, if not, Bee might be a bit stronger than Naruto because of more experience, then again I would think he trained a bit with Kurama). I don't want this to become like DBGT, the writers pulling OP villans out of their ass just to milk money.

Did naruto and sauske keep the six paths sage power?[/code]
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
Well so much for the heart felt "Naruto's over? Oh, I'm going to miss it! The end of a generation!" feelings I had a few weeks ago. How am I supposed to miss Naruto when it's still around??

One of the good things about a story ending is leaving it up to the imagination of what happens after. But we can't do that if they keep releasing movies of what happens after the series. I hope this is the one and only movie with Bolt. I am interested in seeing it though despite my feelings because I think it will give us the feeling of nostalgia.
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Anyway, Naruto settling for spoiler[Hinata over Sakura] is lame. Rolling Eyes Just some fujoshi fanservice bs.
What does that have to do with fujoshi's?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:54 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Anyway, Naruto settling for spoiler[Hinata over Sakura] is lame. Rolling Eyes Just some fujoshi fanservice bs.

If you had the remotest idea of what you're talking about you'd know that for it to be "fujoshi fanservice", Naruto would've had to end up with Sasuke.
vladthetransilvanian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:01 am Reply with quote
This gives me more hope for a spin-off about Sasuke's journeys.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Yume + Lia: The idea that a fujoshi-type heroine ends up the love interest of the hero is what I'm saying.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
"Naruto" is starting to turn into the "Harry Potter" of manga. The last three stories were god awful, the evil rivals were spoiler[easily forgiven for the war crimes they committed], the writer pulled the twist about one of the bad guys spoiler[secretly being a good guy who only did his evil things to protect others out of their asses], the protagonist ended up getting together with a girl he didn't get much interaction time, and now we're getting a franchise ruining sequel movie even after we were told the story was over.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Count me out. Naruto manga has been pretty bad for almost like 3 years straight now. Not interested in seeing another series that's rehashing the same stuff, especially when it's taking a Muppet Babies approach, which for me is like the worst possible way to go.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Count me out. Naruto manga has been pretty bad for almost like 3 years straight now. Not interested in seeing another series that's rehashing the same stuff, especially when it's taking a Muppet Babies approach, which for me is like the worst possible way to go.

I agree that the series has gotten pretty bad the last few years. I think it'd be cooler if the next Naruto generation happened while the main series was still being serialized.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the movie. Went to an 8:35-10:35 showing, and it was a full house.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and am totally up for a movie with Bolt if Kishimoto's supervising it, which he is. It may be a nice chance to take the series back to its roots.

I'm so glad that these big shounen franchise movies have finally started involving the orginal creators. OP, Dragonball, and now Naruto. The difference really shows.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Just saw the movie. Went to an 8:35-10:35 showing, and it was a full house.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and am totally up for a movie with Bolt if Kishimoto's supervising it, which he is. It may be a nice chance to take the series back to its roots.

I'm so glad that these big shounen franchise movies have finally started involving the orginal creators. OP, Dragonball, and now Naruto. The difference really shows.

I can't say I have the same position on the creators supervising these new films. The new DBZ films sound pretty poor to me and Toriyama is trying to beat the dead horse again, and then the Hunter X Hunter movies Togashi is either enabling or conjuring up himself stories that screw with his own canon and characterization with really poor stories as if to troll the fans, idk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Angel'sArcanum wrote:

I can't say I have the same position on the creators supervising these new films. The new DBZ films sound pretty poor to me and Toriyama is trying to beat the dead horse again, and then the Hunter X Hunter movies Togashi is either enabling or conjuring up himself stories that screw with his own canon and characterization with really poor stories as if to troll the fans, idk.

We'll see about the new one, but Battle of the Gods works fine due to the fact that it's mostly a slapstick comedy and knows exactly what it wants to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2