• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chaos Dragon: SekiryuSen'eki (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
One of the most underwhelming shows I've watched for the Summer season.

Strange pacing, weak storytelling, and in general characterization that never seemed to connect. Also, I thought the finale had some similarity with the first episode. Lou also became a major antagonist and I think her anticipated fight was meh as well.

Too bad really, this had a lot of potential but never worked. I did like the music quite a bit though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I watched the entire thing just to see Sweallow use Lou's weapon and that never happened. Weird how this managed to disappoint me even though my expectations were already so low.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Well despite everything I will give a positive point for Eiha, I liked her character and was kind of happy with the end scene where she was reborn at least for a little while with Val as a new being. Been waiting for something

Although no kidding, there was something awfully not coherent by how everything was strung together. It probably could have been salvaged in some way with events, bit I could not give a specific example. There were some nice parts of the anime, some good twists, one cool fight. But despite parts of this that I liked, it was fairly low on my watch expectations. A few interesting characters, but characterisation seemed a little confusing. Why did Lou disobey the sword in the battle to go after Sweallow, when she had mostly listened to it and her uncontrollable conflicted with her usual character?

As a rating I give it Not really good, but it was not a total waste either.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I watched the entire thing just to see Sweallow use Lou's weapon and that never happened.

I thought I was the only one hoping for that. It seemed like something that should happen, so I figured there must have been an obvious reason why it couldn't. Still wanted it anyway. Smile

Hell, I can't even remember what her beef with him was. It seemed like she just started going after him and his for no reason (except to get the claw) in the last 3 episodes.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
^I think she disliked him because her sword/master expressed interest in Sweallow and in being used by him? I thought that would be how her character arc would go too, since there were hints about it since early eps (their conversation in the bar when Lou says Sweallow hasn't been chosen by a weapon). That consuming Inori's dragon gem came completely out of left field, I can't even think of what the point of that scene was
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:31 am Reply with quote
Hook for Season 2? ::runs screaming into the night::
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7