• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Delta (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Can you honestly see that Mylene growing up to be the leader of a big organization?

I doubt it's Myung since her boy toy flies with SMS.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I'm part of a group of people that really hopes that Lady M is Mirage's aunt, Mylene Jenius. Other's have hinted at Myung from Macross Plus.

One of the things that I really enjoy about Delta is how much of a role relics left behind by the Protoculture are playing in the show.

Isn't it possible (though highly improbable) that Lady M could be Misa Hayase? Since we know Mirage is Max and Millya's granddaughter, it hasn't been that long since the original Macross timeline, if I understand correctly (I'm far from a Macross expert). It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Misa could be a 70-something lady in charge

The send off scene was beautiful. I'm sad Messer died because I felt the character wasn't able to come full circle/fulfill his purpose, but such is life (I was torn to pieces when Mikhail died in Frontier before being able to confess his feelings for Klan). I wasn't too sold on Giraffe's Blues before, but their rendition of it here has made me very impatient to see the full version released (hopefully we'll get both the Freyja solo and the Walkure feat. Kaname version)
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
[quote="CrowLia]

Isn't it possible (though highly improbable) that Lady M could be Misa Hayase? Since we know Mirage is Max and Millya's granddaughter, it hasn't been that long since the original Macross timeline, if I understand correctly (I'm far from a Macross expert). It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Misa could be a 70-something lady in charge[/quote]

Unless Kawamori has changed his mind on not revisiting Misa, Hikaru, and Minmay's story, it's highly improbable that Misa is Lady M. In the Macross timeline, the Megaroad-01, which Misa and co were on went missing in 2016 and it's fate is still unknown.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
which Misa and co were on went missing in 2016 and it's fate is still unknown.

You know, wouldn't hitting the contemporal 2016 be a great time to reveal the "mysterious fate".
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:18 am Reply with quote
Whenever asked Kawamori always says that the story of the original cast is over and won't be revisited.

Attempting to find Minmei was even a plot point in Frontier and in the end it was accepted that she'd never be found.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
I'm actually starting to become slightly convinced that Macross is about the Jenius family considering that out of four TV series, one or more of the Jenius family members have been featured in all but one TV series.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:18 am Reply with quote
Well there's certainly plenty of them to go around.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 12:

More of a buildup episode in prep for the big battle.
spoiler[One interesting part is about how Mirage getting promoted so I'm curious to see if she can handle the responsibility.

Mirage is also very aware of the song that she's been hearing. Really curious about her connection with the Protoculture. I predict that Hayate will fight the White Knight Keith soon, should be interesting to see.]

Also, who is Lady M??

{Edit}: Your post here was in the Never a Girl Online thread. A user reported it for being in the wrong thread. So I moved it here for you. They also claimed it had minor spoilers but I am not up on Macross Delta so I simply spoiler tagged the majority of the post as I am not sure what has or has not been covered up to the current episode. You can edit it to just spoiler tag whatever parts might be spoilers. ~ Psycho 101
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:08 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 12:

More of a buildup episode in prep for the big battle.
spoiler[One interesting part is about how Mirage getting promoted so I'm curious to see if she can handle the responsibility.

Mirage is also very aware of the song that she's been hearing. Really curious about her connection with the Protoculture. I predict that Hayate will fight the White Knight Keith soon, should be interesting to see.]

Also, who is Lady M??

Mirage's connection to the Protoculture could simply be the fact that her grandmother was Zentradi, which the Protoculture directly created as opposed to humans, whose ancestors were merely genetically modified to evolve into Humanity. Right now, the other unknown is whether Mirage's father was Human, Zentradi, or part both.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the "helped evolution along" thing only applies to Ragna and other such planets. In the case of Microns, specifically, we were made directly by the Protoculture after the Zentradi went rouge.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "helped evolution along" thing only applies to Ragna and other such planets. In the case of Microns, specifically, we were made directly by the Protoculture after the Zentradi went rouge.

That's only if you go by the DYRL storyline. Source materials for the TV series states that the Protoculture helped human evolution along.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I've actually never seen the original TV series outside of Robotech, so DYRL is all I have to go on. Which of the two versions are officially canon is messy business.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
While Macross canon can be a bit messy, the timeline as it's written here http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Category:Chronology is regarded as accurate. Interesting enough, the timeline lists DYRL as a movie within in the Macross universe.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Which was filmed in Macross 7 with Basara and Mylene as the leads.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Which was filmed in Macross 7 with Basara and Mylene as the leads.

Which is actually supposed to be remake of the original DYRL that we know. Our DYRL is listed in the timeline as being released in the Macross universe in February of 2031. That actually means that there's two DYRLs in the Macross universe!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 20