• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
On the most part, C.C.'s gothic lolita outfit and her new one for this episode will always amuse me! Though I almost forgot that she can kick really high. In any case, what new outfits will she wear for next episode?! Surprised
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951b981e52011b9db9b7430057

spoiler[Hax-Zaku
a secret revealed
and an enemy's last hoorah]
braves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote
I haven't updated the index in a while. I'll do that now.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Though I almost forgot that she can kick really high.

Yeah, combine her leg streched out and Clamp's art style and she looks like she's over 6 feet tall. Anime dazed

Well, it looks like Mao's purpose in this show was to reveal a bit of C.C.'s past and strengthen the bond between Lulu and C.C. It'll be interesting to see if that woman Ohgi rescued will regain her memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote
Wait they just used the E word....emo was that little routine in the japanese? (it was still a little funny)
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
That was probably one of the best episodes I've seen thus far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree.

Also, Lelouch spoiler[Geassing himself] was a cool twist. Sometimes seeing only 1 episode per week can be really tough!
joshuafer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote
I agree on Lulu's friend spoiler[ calling Suzaku emo, I did not expect that.] I was not to surprised to see spoiler[ Mao pop back up, gotta love anime and people never dying from blood loss, hehe. I thought they had killed him off rather quickly. I think he might be done this time, though.] Oh, I thought of some people died from blood loss, but I am not gonna name em, you know who they are if you have seen the anime. I wonder what happened to that guy they were calling Orange, hmm. Can't wait for next week !
braves

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
In case you haven't heard, Bandai announced at Otakon that [adult swim] is going to air season 2 of Code Geass right after the first season ends. So there will be no lag between seasons! Very Happy So this thread will be the home of both dub broadcasts. Wink
imperative7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
The simple fact that we will be going straight from season one to season two without any lag at all is simply awesome. Bandai is really taking their game up to a new level with Gurren Lagann's bilingual release coming in November and now Code Geass R2 premiering in English only weeks after it will finish in Japan and right after the first season finishes is simply awesome and this is the sort of thing that anime companies here in the US need to do to keep up with our demand and be relevant to fans here in the US and more companies need to take note of what Bandai is doing here.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Wow I've definitely gained a lot more respect for bandai lately between this and gurren lagann. I'm really glad though. It seems we have it even better than the japanese fans (even though we got the releases later there's no lag between them.)
Chaos42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
well i was going to forgive them for the 2 for one this time but i got a little irritated when the dvd i bought was defective, but they are sending a replacement so im ok with it-if your vol 2 dvd freezes right at the end of episode 9 right after Kallens narrow escape its a problem. I just want this anime to out shine death note, and hopefuly knock down the number of death note goths you see at cons.(no offense to them its just the entire series takes a massive noes dive after spoiler[ L DIES ]

also use of the words emo in an anime series is interesting here is the clip off youtube-though it is of poor quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2mQWztn0Ng

Also if you like this series the OSIA from bandai's misa line are out and importable so far they have 2 diffrent sutherlands (regular and purist) 2 Glostures sp? (regular and cornilia's) the lancelot, and I've seen pics of the Gurren mark 2 but no place to buy it (don't trust ebay presellers)
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
yeah Geass some action figures but personally I want the Model kits
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quote
these are the bandai ones made with the same way they make the msia-they were the gundam figures that were put out in the usa -only better quality.

what i can't belive is they are not showing it this week and instead are puting on that crappy aqua teen movie-oh god its bad
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote
There was no new episode aired this week ?
I mean early sunday morning, august 17th. It does seem to be back next week, according to my schedule. I just wanted to make sure I did not miss an episode.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
There was no new episode aired this week ?
I mean early sunday morning, august 17th. It does seem to be back next week, according to my schedule. I just wanted to make sure I did not miss an episode.

Yeah, a week was skipped, so you didn't miss anything. Look out for Moribito starting next week too, according to their schedule.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 60