• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Other music by Ranma musicians-other than Kenji Kawai

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I love a bunch of Ranma songs, probably for sentimental reasons as much as the merit of the actual songs, so I've been trying to dig up recording by the singers, composers and arrangers of Ranma songs. Boy, talk about a fool's errand. I've tried Google, Amazon, Amazon Japan-I can't find anything!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Ramen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but try this:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCCG-491
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCCG-191

At the bottom are links to different artists featured on the album. You can find similar results if you just browse around a bit.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:27 am Reply with quote
Ramen, I clicked those links, but I couldn't access the site. I'll try again later. Thanks though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Dilandau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:48 am Reply with quote
Do you mean like OP and ED songs or the actual synth stuff?

If you want vocals, you need to find the two DoCo Cd's (seiyuu of Akane, Shampoo, Onna-teki Ranma, Kasumi and Nabiki). There are only 2 of them I believe, which contain most of the theme songs. DoCo First and DoCo Second I think is what they are called.

To my knowledge they were never released in the US, and being how old it is, it might be difficult to find.

Kasumi is voiced by the the prolific voice of Inoue Kikoku who has small mountains of Cds.

Onna-teki Ranma is, of course, the great Megumi Hayashibara.

Nabiki is Minami Takayama of Two-Mix fame (one of my favourites)

While not really popular, Akane's voice, Hideki(?) Noriko does have a few CD's and she has a really strange style...

As far as I know Sakuma Rei (Shampoo), doesn't really do vocal stuff on the side.

Anyway, theres my two-bits.

Edit: Ah, just noticed the DoCo thread a few threads down...oh well....
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:34 am Reply with quote
I'm not particularly interested in the singers-it's the songwriters and arrangers I'm most interested in. I've already got some Doco, which I believe is mostly Kenji Kawai, who is of course really good, but it's hard to find other recorded work (anime or not) by the other songwriters. It would probably be easier if I could read japanese!

And either that cdjapan website is down or my server doesn't like it.

Thanks anyway!
Ramen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Aaron White wrote:
And either that cdjapan website is down or my server doesn't like it.

Hmm, that's wierd. The site isn't down, I just tried it. FYI: The links that are provided are for other albums of the artists. For instance, the page for the ending theme CD has links pointing to a CD listing for:

Kaori Sakagami (Artist)
COCO (Artist)
YAWMIN (Artist)
Michiyo Nakajima (Artist)
Miho Morikawa (Artist)
Piyopiyo (Artist)

Again, not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but it might give you a good starting point.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:53 am Reply with quote
Hey Ramen, it sounds like that's the kind of thing I'm interested in; I'll just have to check it out on a different ISP server! Thanks!
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:12 am Reply with quote
Ramen, I finally got to check out your links on another server, and I declare them to be fully correct and on the stremph!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1