• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Clannad After Story, Ghost Hound, He is My Master

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda pissed Ghost Hound isn't getting a dub.

Come on ADV. I guess the Anime Network branch isn't pushing that hard or you were just BSing since that is a shoe-in for getting a dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I wanted Ghost Hound dub. I'm still going to get it probably along with He Is My Master which never had any hopes of getting a dub anyway.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Like with Kekkaishi, I heard about the Ghost Hound license prior to the official announcement so I've already had my geek out moment. Even so, I'm still ecstatic. No dub is disappointing, but I'll be pre-ordering this as soon as I am able regardless.

Can't wait to see how HellKorn responds to this awesome news, considering he'd pretty much given up on Ghost Hound. Wink

EDIT: Seems I can already pre-order it! Time to do so.

*queues up "Poltergeist"* Anime hyper

Last edited by Jedi General on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
roesnail

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
finally he is my master is coming out over here. it took around 4 years. and thats a suprise because ganaix was involved

more clannad is good news. i wonder if they are going to go for the movie as well.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I always thought He Is My Master was always licensed for some reason, but I might have been thinking of Mahoromatic or something else instead. Either way, that series was unbearably stupid, even for a fanservice comedy. I'm sure by now it was just a cheap title that was up for grabs.

I feel indifferent about Clannad After Story, but I can't say this wasn't expected. And in an vain attempt to quell the people clamoring for a dub, no FUNimation probably wasn't going to license it.

roesnail wrote:
finally he is my master is coming out over here. it took around 4 years. and thats a suprise because ganaix was involved

more clannad is good news. i wonder if they are going to go for the movie as well.

Just because it's by Gainax doesn't mean it's going to be good. This and Melody of Oblivion are glaring examples. I can't even say that everything by MadHouse is going to be good, they just do the most proportionately amount of good shows these days, but they still animate the crap to fill the bottom line every now and then (Chaos;Head).
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I always thought He Is My Master was always licensed for some reason, but I might have been thinking of Mahoromatic or something else instead. Either way, that series was unbearably stupid, even for a fanservice comedy. I'm sure by now it was just a cheap title that was up for grabs.

I feel indifferent about Clannad After Story, but I can't say this wasn't expected. And in an vain attempt to quell the people clamoring for a dub, no FUNimation probably wasn't going to license it.

And if Funi had wanted Ghost Hound, they would have grabbed it by now. So I know some people will be disappointed it isn't getting dubbed, but I think we can skip the whole "ADV should have just let Funi or Viz grab it" crap. If they wanted the show, there's no way ADV could have stopped them. If ADV hadn't grabbed these, I think the only way we might have got them was from Right Stuf, and they still would have been sub only.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Yay, I get to see Clannad After Story.
NDenizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Ghost Hound! I liked that show, glad to see it get snapped up.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote
sigh still no one picked up the last 2eps of ah my goddess
zulux211

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
That's the thing I hate with all the new licenses.

THEY'RE ALL FREAKING SUBBED!

Why can't more series be dubbed like what FUNimation's doing?

I know what you mean, I personally wont buy ANY subbed only releases as I would rather just import the disks from japan at that point.

I also figure they are subbed so all the fans will buy a copy, and then they will dub it to get the people to buy the same disk again much like gurren lagann
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
That's the thing I hate with all the new licenses.

THEY'RE ALL FREAKING SUBBED!

Why can't more series be dubbed like what FUNimation's doing?
Because you won't fund them.

Buying Clannad After Story.
Sarkozy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
zulux211 wrote:

I know what you mean, I personally wont buy ANY subbed only releases as I would rather just import the disks from japan at that point.

Why... would you pay $55-60 for 1-3 episodes?

Sorry, it just doesn't make sense and is just pure stupidity.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I've heard a great deal about both series of Clannad. Aside the fact I'd have to make four purchases to see it in full, I've heard the ending to After Story "does a RahXephon". My opinion could easily go either way for me whilst watching it. I'll wait for official reviews, moreover the discussion they'll no doubt generate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ian K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Very happy that Ghost Hound is finally getting released Stateside. It is one of the best shows I've seen, in my opinion.

I'm a little less happy at being asked to pay 60 bucks for half a season though. Maybe I'll wait for a sale.
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to get Ghost Hound on DVD~! Even if it isn't dubbed I still want it Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 14