• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fullmetal Alchemist Premium Collection OVA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote
Sarukah wrote:
So what are they up to with dubbing Alphonse's voice? Didn't Aaron Dismuke (hopefully thats his name and I'm not thinking of a different VA) have a drastic voice change since the original FMA? I can't help but honestly be curious.

Same.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i thought we already knew this. wasn't this announced weeks ago?

It was reported a few weeks ago, but not confirmed by Funimation.

-t
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote
Sweet! ^^ Oh, I can't wait for this to come out; I'm so buying it as soon as I can. I've seen all but the Live Action one (anyone but me thinks it sounds like a cosplayer's skit? Anime hyper), and I loved them and can't wait to hear the dubs.

Although I am curious about Al's dub voice, with Aaron now being older and his voice changed. But I'm sure it'll be great all the same. ^^
Brakus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Redd the Sock wrote:
I thought they'd save those for when they put the movie on Blu Ray.

I'll get it, but this better be cheap, or have extras coming out the wazoo.

And the extras better not just be "dub commentary" and interviews with such "talents" as Vic Mignogna, Chris Patton, and Mike McFarland.

Yeah, and screw "you" too. As if you could do better. What movies have *you* dubbed into whatever language lately?

Quote:
I want to hear from Seiji Mizushima, Romi Paku, Michiru Oshima, and more of the Japanese staff and cast.

If you got the 2-disc special edition of FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa, you would have gotten the 40-minute Japanese documentary of the movie, Japanese trailers, TWO Japanese live commentaries on the movie, and a 54-minute "talk session" of interviews with the Japanese cast and crew. That would keep someone who prefers the Japanese voices (but knows not a lick of Japanese without the subtitles) very happy.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
Brakus wrote:
As if you could do better. What movies have *you* dubbed into whatever language lately?

Ah, it's been a while since I've seen this one.

The "let's see you do better" excuse. That's like renting a car and it falls apart in the middle of the road, but hey, I can't build a better car, no reason to bitch, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jih2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quote
No really Brakus we do live in public so step back from the keyboard and relax a bit.

Much like the others who have posted here I too am happy with this but not certain I want to spend the full retail price on the disc even if it has a ton of extras.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quote
Looking for this around around $15. I want to see it, and personally, I like the dub commentaries. I hope to see more. I'll pick of FMA as a boxset though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:31 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Looking for this around around $15. I want to see it, and personally, I like the dub commentaries. I hope to see more. I'll pick of FMA as a boxset though.

yea im thinking around the price of the school rumble or negima ova's

around $15-$20
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
Funimation should license the new DBZ short and the One Piece Romance Dawn short, then package those with these.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:34 am Reply with quote
Sarukah wrote:
So what are they up to with dubbing Alphonse's voice? Didn't Aaron Dismuke (hopefully thats his name and I'm not thinking of a different VA) have a drastic voice change since the original FMA? I can't help but honestly be curious.

his voice has changed yes but i dont think we will notice to much of a difference unless you listened to his voice back when he was in Fruits Basket
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:44 am Reply with quote
Exciting stuff. New FMA is always good. Curious about those OVAs as I haven't really heard much about them up til this point other than "they exist". As others have mentioned, I wouldn't mind some more extra stuff like Japanese and English cast/staff commentary and interviews. Also, does this not seem like the right place for Vic's "Fullmetal Fantasy" project? Maybe? No? Sad
darcerin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote
*flail* OMG, I can't wait!!!!!! Thank you, Funi!!!
darcerin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
vtnwesley wrote:
Exciting stuff. New FMA is always good. Curious about those OVAs as I haven't really heard much about them up til this point other than "they exist". As others have mentioned, I wouldn't mind some more extra stuff like Japanese and English cast/staff commentary and interviews. Also, does this not seem like the right place for Vic's "Fullmetal Fantasy" project? Maybe? No? Sad

If Bones gave them permission to put it on there, yes, otherwise sadly, no. It's a legal thing, sadly. I remember seeing that at Otakon one year and just dying from laughing so hard. Anime smile
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Funimation should license the new DBZ short and the One Piece Romance Dawn short, then package those with these.

And then I, for one, would not buy it because I don't give a darn about DBZ or One Piece.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I hope they won't be charging a lot for this, since there's so little actual content. I've seen these shorts, and they're fun, but not really worth the price of a normal anime DVD.

Same here, About $20.0 would be perfect, considering the fact that it's so short, it's not that long so it shouldn't have to be ridiculously expensive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3