• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Regarding Tanaka Hiroyuki entry.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lig0schndr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
I noticed that one of the producers listed for "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" in the encyclopedia, Tanaka Hiroyuki, has his name written as 田中洋之 in his encyclopedia entry. However, in the opening credits of "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san", Tanaka Hiroyuki's name is written as 田中宏幸. Is it possible that these two different readings refer to two different people? Or is it the same person using two different names? Here is an image from the credits for reference: http://i.imgur.com/cgIGz.jpg Thanks for your time!
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
With credits for both staff and task this is an obvious split case, and as the staff credits include producer, script writer, and CGI assistance, this may well be more than two persons.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
(...) this may well be more than two persons.

Seconded. "Hiroyuki Tanaka" is a common i.e. "John Smith"-styled name, so we need more info (in addition to kanji) before separating them into different entries.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote
Regrettably right now I can't see the Kanji (and I expect to be very busy come half an hour when the shifts change).

One of them has got news coverage and mainly seems to work with Madhouse so it shouldn't be too hard to separate his stuff out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Sakura Fuuin Sareta Card Complete Book (pg. 119) confirms Hiroyuki Tanaka (田中洋之) as Assistant Director (助監督)

Chobits Navigate only lists staff for 10 episodes but does confirm Hiroyuki Tanaka (田中洋之) as episode director (演出) for episode 9 (the first recap episode), although the Storyboard field is blank.

All About Chobits skips the recap episodes in the staff list.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1