• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's 4th New TV Commercial Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote
The companies might not be losers but these fansub haters make them look like losers . These guys are so selfish .
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
The companies might not be losers but these fansub haters make them look like losers . These guys are so selfish .

I would like to see how I think the companies are "losers" if I'm the one who says "Support them!"

Now as to being selfish? Did I go "haha I got anime and you don't." No I gave you a solution but you seem to have this impression of having some sort of right to seeing anime just based on the virtue that it exist, and unless you can prove that you would come to some grave physical or mental harm by not immediately watching anime, you do not have that right. As to being "spoiled" a simple solution can be offered, don't look at threads and other discussions about it immediately, you are still part of the Full Metal Alchemist Community, it will still be there when you get the DVD/legal stream and view it yourself to weigh in on what you think, so there is no immediate need for "Now!" that you are under the impression of being, I won't look at you as somehow being less of a fan for doing so. As to fansubing it yourself through a DVD release, 30 minutes, a script, the DVD, a computer, and a free subbing program is all that you need to start and finish your little experiment in subtitiling, you and others seem to put it at some "mystically, hard, complicated" process when it really is not, which is why I say your hiding behind a very small leaf.
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
Hey dude . I don't think you've read my previous post as to why i prefer fan subs over dubs . And please do give me a response after that . And as for d v d sets your talkin bout . How the hell do i get them in a place where there is no bloody market for anime . Its easy for you to speak cause you get all sorts of anime merchandise and box sets almost everywhere in the place where you live . Why don't you come to my part of the world and try gettin them for me . I'll see how you'll be able to do that , and how you'll be able to stay away from fansubs . Btw i'm from india .
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Your posting here, means you have an internet connection, online stores, they are a wonderful thing, learn of them, find the best deals, learn about international costs, enjoy them and your anime with the warm fuzzy feeling that you have helped the industry. I'm certain there is a legal online store that will ship to you, location is not an excuse anymore if you want to go into "This is a digital age!" as you can get it, you just like having anime for free, as all I'm hearing is excuses as to why your not buying anime.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Are we going to get back to actually talking about Fullmetal Alchemist or is this going to just be a fansub vs licensed debate?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Well to be honest with you Full Metal Alchemist was an "okay" series for me and while I did like the first part of the "old" series, I'm unsure of how a remake to the series that follows closer to the manga will work (I normally avoid reading manga's of series, so I don't come in with an existing bias when I view the anime series for the first time, although I may pick them up later.)

So in short I's say I'm "cautiously optimisitc" about this whole thing.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Are we going to get back to actually talking about Fullmetal Alchemist or is this going to just be a fansub vs licensed debate?

I managed to do both! Razz

Anyway, this wasn't a "fansub vs licensed" debate, for me at least.
I only stated some of the reasons why fansub isn't as harmful as some people believe it is, but more the other way around.

After all, there aren't news on FMA right now, a part from the SID bit I posted few post above, so why don't discuss something related, in the meanwhile? Wink
But, if you are interested in official merchandise, I could link some cute stuff based on this new series... if I can I link online shop in this forum, at least (I don't know). ^^'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't have to give excuses to the likes of you . Seriously , god knows what made you think like that . And if i'm not wrong penguintruth , in my first post commentin on this news , i had stated that i don't want to be a part of another fansub vs licensing argument . But people just don't stop . They keep complainin like little children here . And moreover this post is meant for the guy who said i'm comin up with excuses so that i get anime for free . I think i've already mentioned what kind of a person you are . (to find out please go to page number 3 of this discussion ) .(and no matter what people in this forum call me , i'm not goin to be a part of another war here . ) And talkin about full metal alchemist , i guess there was a rumour today that a new trailer was screened across japanese networks . It turned out to be a hoax . And no news on the openin theme yet .
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Its just because that is the only way i can get anime's in this country . And i prefer subs over dubs . Licensin companies should improve their quality first and then start licensing

And that is why we have a disagreement because that is a false statement to begin with.. it's not the only way you can view anime, you can import it. Your preference for subs over dubs can also be covered in that R1 DVD's have subs and most of them are uncut and release the best quality product they can, at worst the dubs are average and the subtitling is there and if for example the R2 normally doesn't come with subs, you can easily do so yourself. So again this concept of " Anime is not available here" or "I'm in a remote location/different country!" I call it like I see them, those are excuses.

Now to Full Metal Alchemist this series is very likely to be licensed and with some of the shifting that has been happening recently, I hope for a streaming/simul-cast option to be there. Who knows, they might go for Joost or Hulu as the distribution of online streaming with no region locking, so then this is a non-issue, but I hear people say "Nooooooooooo!" as if that is something bad.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
People who want to watch fansubs are people who just can't wait. I understand wanting to see something now but because of the licensing things that have to be done in order for it to be brought over here it takes a lot of time. I'm patient enough to wait for stuff, unlike a lot of other people.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I lack this patience most of you guys seem to be so proud of but I do at least try and make up for this by paying for simlucasts on crunchyroll.
I can't resist the temptation of fansubs. That's all there is to it. Which is why I'm hoping FMA is simulcsted so I don't have to resort to fansubs.
I may seem like nother scourge to you but when manga (yeah I don't really watch much anime, just Gintama and FMA) comes out in my area I will buy it and I've already ordered the next two books on amazon.
Really I don't see the issue most people have with fansubs, I see it as a problem (I'm a hypocrite Very Happy) but I also have to agree that I wouldn't even know what anime was if it wern't for fansubs.
drdr48

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
1. I guess that they are frames taken from the actual anime, and the ED and/or opening and ending, so the style can be a little different.

2. Also, since they are stiking to the manga more, this time, it could happen that in the anime frames temselves the style will change a little from time to time, like it happens in the manga.
It's a matter of "mood": in comical moments, for examples, in some manga the character design tend to be more deformed, if not completed super deformed, while in dramatic moments it changes a bit to a more serious way.

1. It's not a "little different" and i hard to believe that this is the case.

2. What? why the hell would they do that? it make no sense at all. it isn't a manga.
I think the animators screw up or something.

There is times in the teaser when Ed looks very cartonish and ugly and there is times when he look like the Ed from the original series. and little Al character design is also different in the two frames that he appear in the teaser.
cnav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
i think we have done enuf bashing here...i seriously guess that there will be nothin wrong in the original anime ..this is bones we are talkin bout...BONES is one of the best out there...i will never doubt them...
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
new trailer.... amazin.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A-9RQorG9E
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4