• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disney XD to Add Naruto Shippūden in U.S.

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowysea07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
MugenKeiji wrote:
shadowysea07 wrote:
who knows if disney is going to even keep the original va's

*facepalms* Why...?

READ SOME OF THE OLD POSTS AND THE ARTICLE BEFORE POSTING PLEASE. The VAs for Naruto, Sakura and Lee are reprising their roles as well as Gaara's VA who commented about how the DVDs will remain the same.

Considering how Naruto fans are generally looked down upon you can afford to brush up a little if you want to make a strong case for that.
i did read the aritcle and it never said anything about the va's. its nice to hear that people on the forums have confirmed info. i also read some of the old posts but i had no clue that those usernames were legit.
shadowysea07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
shadowysea07 wrote:
well yeah there are some sweet deals online but at the average walmart, bestbuy ect they are around 40 for the newer ones. even on amazon they have them for around 30 new though they just changed the price from 49.98 which makes me feel bad for the poor idiots who preordered before the price drop.

best buy maybe but walmart's prices are cheap.
walmart has vol 16 priced at 36.86 so no thats not cheap.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
shadowysea07 wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
shadowysea07 wrote:
well yeah there are some sweet deals online but at the average walmart, bestbuy ect they are around 40 for the newer ones. even on amazon they have them for around 30 new though they just changed the price from 49.98 which makes me feel bad for the poor idiots who preordered before the price drop.

best buy maybe but walmart's prices are cheap.
walmart has vol 16 priced at 36.86 so no thats not cheap.

Those won't be in store prices. And it gets marked down as the date get closer
shadowysea07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
its already been marked down for one and 2 the online price is the average price for all walmart stores only management will change the price if they feel like it. some stores you'll still find it at full price of 60+ bucks and some you might find it on sale for 30. but the online price sets the average for every store and they are forced to follow those prices. so if you find it cheaper at one store than the advertised price congrats. but otherwise you won't be able to go into another one and find it for that price you payed
Hadiz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe this many people even still care about Naruto Shippuden. DUBBED no less.
alp227

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I don't have cable; otherwise I'd probably have to pay for a terribly butchered version of anime. It's already bad enough that 4Kids Entertainment continues to show the terrible dub of Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters on the broadcast airwaves as well as some others that I don't know about. 4Kids has committed this crime with little remorse (in the form of a terribly incomplete series of uncut DVD release of YGO and Shaman King) for all this decade.

And now Disney decides to continue the tradition? Remember, this is the same company that also butchered the fourth season of Digimon earlier this decade (I was in 6th grade at the time and didn't know better). Well that's why I'm sticking with Japanese with English subtitles at all costs!
Charlie_Conway

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow really? I thought people on ANN were better than this. People sure love to overreact. It seems it has officially become the cool thing to hate Disney, and think they will ruin everything (making a deal out of the Marvel takeover for no reason). Most likely it will have edits, but fair edits like it was treated on Toonami. Seriously kiddies calm down. If minor edits in bother you that MUCH. Buy the dvds
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
disney = epic fail
shadowysea07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Charlie_Conway wrote:
Oh wow really? I thought people on ANN were better than this. People sure love to overreact. It seems it has officially become the cool thing to hate Disney, and think they will ruin everything (making a deal out of the Marvel takeover for no reason). Most likely it will have edits, but fair edits like it was treated on Toonami. Seriously kiddies calm down. If minor edits in bother you that MUCH. Buy the dvds
the reason why people are worried is because no one knows whether disney will leave it the way it is or butcher it. right now we don't know what to expect from crazy disney right now.
Anime_Fever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Two Words:Princess Mononoke
Chibi Buizel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote
This is madness.

Naruto Shippuden, an anime targeted at teenagers, is going to be airing on a channel that 6-year olds watch.

Why, ViZ?! WHYYY?!
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Buizel wrote:
This is madness.

Naruto Shippuden, an anime targeted at teenagers, is going to be airing on a channel that 6-year olds watch.

Why, ViZ?! WHYYY?!

Disney xd is targeted towards 6-15 so yeah.
boshima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote
SERIOUSLY!!!!111111 Shocked

well ain't that a bitch.... Evil or Very Mad
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
MeggieMay wrote:
So, many posters are not going to be viewing Shippuden via Disney XD. Instead they'll have to opt for viewing it via DVD rentals, buying it, or other means (legal or not), or skip seeing it all together verse seeing it on TV they (or their families) are paying for.

So... what's wrong about those alternative methods?

Board rules? :lol: I post at a number of boards and most have "no downloading discussion" rules. I always forget this one isn't quite as strict about and was trying to a) break any rules and/or b) derail the discussion (which can happen, IMO, when you start discussing anything related to any type of alternate methods fans may be using to view things). The way I worded it was not meant to reflect any sort of personal views, just acknowledge the reality of different ways to view shows.

Quote:
MeggieMay wrote:
There could also be a bit of denial going on about who this show is really meant for verse what you can delude yourself into thinking Cartoon Networks and Adult Swims demos are about but IMNSHO I think this is really about money ^_^' .

Guess you've answered my question above. It's the money that matters. Paying additional $50 for just one channel would be too much; I wonder if US TV have choices like this one.

What is that commercial for, anyway? I take it it is for some type of Anime network but is it on TV, Pay Per View, Video On Demand, Online Streaming/Downloading, or something else?
sonickid101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote
well if youve been keeping up with Disney recently you would know the freaking buy Marvel, because they want more franchises to target boys instead of girls, aparently Disney is long out of ideas and only know how to buy other people, and milk Miley Cirus for all she's worth, Im suprised they didn't just buy viz alltogether, (oh god) I dont realy care if its edeted to hell, I woldn't watch it on toonami, but I wouldn't mind seeing it on adult swim, it would of worked out, or heres an idea, show an edited version during the day an uncut version at night, thats how we got things done in the 90s, but by putting Shippuden on a Disney network? thats just telling us its ok to download anime. Besides how is this going to improve the franchise, their audience knows it on cartoon network, so are they trying for a new audience? thats retarded, who would understand it? and how would their old audience know its on disney? it seems like a bad idea on viz's part, but they've always been sell outs, and the only licences they need are naruto and bleach, so lets hope the other dubbing companies wolnt be sucked into disneys uncreative hands
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 16