• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
There are some helpful information in the comments of the linked article, someone has posted that 322 chapters released, and about 293 used. Reasons posted are everything from poor ratings, to that they don't want to put a filler arc in again, after all the previous arc before the current arc was anime original.
babylinux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I am new here though I really like FT a lot even though I have yet to read the manga. I started watching it and fell in love with the series, I am currently up to date and wishing everyday was Friday so I can watch a new episode of FT. Smile It's very nice to meet you all!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote
Welcome babylinuxm good to know that there are other Fairy Tail fans who look forward to each episode. Although it is ending it's first run this month.

Anyway I just checked out the movie, Fairy Tail: Hōō no Miko (Fairy Tail: Priestess of the Phoenix), and it was a pretty good movie, or it had its good points. It was not an amazing movie, you rarely get one from a long running shounen series, I didn't really end up as emotional as I would in some such movies (Memories of Nobody comes to mind), but perhaps this is from watching so many movies like it before.

The movie seems to be set in the spoiler[7 years later] that the series is in, but the timeline seems a little confuseing as our cast are hanging at the spoiler[large guild hall that they currently cannot use], and Elfman is not the spoiler[huge mass of muscles] he currently is. I would not really call them too much of complaints as it feels like my prefered character type and setting, but it just is a little confusing.

We do get some nice action, for one Wendy takes an active role for once, with various techniques we don't regulary see. With all the characters doing their own thing it made seeing it in the poor quality I did more excited to watch a proper version as it was clear that it had the more fluid animation you would expect. And the climax was indeed very good, especially when it had spoiler[a lot of Fairy Tail characters showing up to attack, it was best to have all of them instead of just relying on Natsu doing some sort of spirtbomb/rasengan.]

But it was not all fighting either, I was also very fond of the characters just having fun, especially when Erza spoiler[went shopping and bought a wedding gown], interesting that she seems to have a spoiler[hologram screen which she can use for her requips].

Honestly I would rate it somewhere between Good and Very Good, I would probably put it up to Very Good as I am such a big fan, but I was not really wowed in a way I would hope. If there will be an English release I definetly plan on watching this again, I wonder what watching it in a theatre would be like?
babylinux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
Hello There Dusky! Very Happy Other than Pokemon, Fairy Tail would actually be my first Anime series Smile I got hooked after watching the first few episodes and then I just kept going and going by doing episode marathons and sometimes not actually sleeping, lol.

Awe, I didn't know that the fourth season was coming to an end this month but I figured it had to be sometime soon by the amount of episodes there are already in season 4, that makes me kinda sad but not entirely since I don't know when season 5 will start up...But I am hoping it doesn't take long! I get all giddy for new FT episodes every week and either way if they where to take long I would probably just move up my plan of re-watching the series up until where it currently is...Yes, I love it that much...lol...I am a sucker for Fairy Tail. ♥

I saw the movie and I was not exactly thrilled by it...I mean I liked it to an extent but it wasn't everything I was hoping it would be. To me the story of the movie doesn't make much sense even knowing that it is set spoiler[7 years after the incident of Tenroujima].

Also in the movie, I felt that Lucy was way too out of character in many scenes...it was awkward. It was quite funny and somewhat moving but I seriously just expected more. Neutral

Don't even get me started on somethings that have been going on in more recent episodes of the series. =_="

Well, I went on babbling what's on my mind again...
It's very nice to meet you Dusky! Smile
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
Since you're going to have to give Fairy Tail a break soon (or rather, it's giving us one): give Hunter x Hunter a shot (currently airing version).
babylinux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Since you're going to have to give Fairy Tail a break soon (or rather, it's giving us one): give Hunter x Hunter a shot (currently airing version).

I might, though I have a lot of watching to do. I am currently watching Fairy Tail, Magi and Occult Academy but those are just the anime that I am watching. I also watch about 4 American Series and I have yet to finish the last K-Drama from the 3 I was recently watching. LOL Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:32 am Reply with quote
babylinux wrote:

Also in the movie, I felt that Lucy was way too out of character in many scenes...it was awkward.

I think her character was done in mind with her experience with the whole Michelle Lobster thing. That in she spoiler[found someone she could really connect with, so she feels the strong urge to protect them. But just like with Michelle (Imitatia) Lucy ended up loseing her]. But if the movie was supposed to be set after the current arc, we don't know if she has gone through some other trauma. Lucy has had a hard time.

Unless you were talking about Lucy wanting the reward money so much earlier on? Well her desire to pay for rent has been a big part of her character during the entire show, she must have been very excited from a big pay day.

@ amount of shows watching
Your not man unless you are watching like 29 different shows, it took me weeks to catch up on the 5-6 episode of each that I missed. That is what ya have to look forward to if you get out of control like me.
babylinux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quote
Well what I mean about Lucy being out of character is that she isn't as clingy, close minded and stubborn as they made her look in the movie...I get that she has been though a lot and it's been rough but still. I can go on about this but I don't wanna accidentally spoil the movie for someone, lol.

As of to recently, I am wondering where the heck is Loki when spoiler[she was getting beat up by Minerva after the match was clearly over]... Neutral I mean, I don't get where he is at all...we used to see him so much and then very randomly and then almost not at all or not at all lately. Especially when Lucy really needs him! What I also don't understand is why Lucy is being made out to be the weakest and keeps getting beat up. Where is the FT Spirit that usually happens and they end up kicking butt!? Confused RAWR!! I wanna just re-watch the good old episodes that bring me so much laughter and tears. Neutral

Btw, I am not a man...lol unless you are just sayin' it like Elfman would otherwise I am not a man and I try to control myself in overwatching. Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:27 am Reply with quote
Lucy has always been the least character to go out and kick butt, it makes her as an odd shounen main character, but also been capitalized in the current arc. It has been done earlier like with Gajeel, which made it pretty hard to forgive his character. But she has also had her moments, the biggest I would say would be against Naked Mummey, and when she was going well against Flare.

spoiler[Lucy Asheley] was a great character, which I noticed that you are useing as an avatar. I hope she eventually makes a return as it would make up for a few things. Loki probably does not appear so much because he would solve everything.

Also if you have not already, there are some good OVAs of Fairy Tail too, my favourite has the character being normal characters at a school. Although there was Fairy Hills, and the an explanation of Lucy's choice of Fairy Tail.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
The weird thing about Fairy Tail for me is that Lucy is the main character (many events revolve around her), but Natsu is definitely the real protagonist. I don't rate Lucy any more important than Erza or Gray.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 172

I knew it was comming but, the revelation of the Rabbit, it was enough to shock and spoiler[gross out] the entire audience, Fairy Tail's faces especially humorous, and make Erza spoiler[feint at the sight of: two Ichiya (one of them was the Exceed Nichiya).] That story was quite gross, well there are probably people into that, but yeah, got quite funny as Nichiya was taken out by a single hit; Ichiya just assumed he was tough. Although the last laugh was spoiler[on Quatro Puppy as they were again hamuliated by being beaten single handidly Ichiya useing a combo that involved smilling]. Even Natsu thought it was cool.

Best bit was the showing of a spoiler[combined Fairy Tail team, it was awesome even if they got screwed over with the lower score]. This after being spoiler[bullied by cheaters, and a single member taking on the entire cheating team]. At least next episode should be awesome, the name seems to imply that we will get fight of spoiler[Natsu and Gajeel vs Sing and Rogue]. Though the preview only showed a fight I don't care about.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 172

spoiler[Lucy was beaten up pretty badly.
Those Sabertooth guys are really obnoxious.
Now even Fairy Tail Teams A & B had to unite.
Fairy Tail united team! The best of the best!
Gray, Natsu, Gajeel, Laxus and Erza!
Blue Pegasus fight was more disturbing than anything else.
Ichiya was pretty impressive in that fight.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
The new Fairy Tail team has badass written all over it. The fight in the latest episode 172 was kinda lame though. Oh well, next time should be good with spoiler[Kagura from Mermaid Heel as well as the Twin Dragon Slayers.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I imagine Sho Hayami (Ichiya/Nichiya) had a blast recording this episode, he was basically talking with himself through half of it.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 173

spoiler[Lamia Scale vs Mermaid Heel!
It's like watching the battle of sexes, guys vs girls LOL
Watching Juvia rant was a nice bonus to this episode.
I kinda missed her ridicules behavior..
Natsu's little visit to Lucy was really sweet ^///^
Fairy Tail vs Sabertooth!
Can't wait to see that epic battle play out next time!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 57