• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.

Genres: comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: school
Plot Summary: Inari Fushimi is a middle school girl who's never had a requited love, since she's a shy, clumsy and not very bright. One day, she witnesses her crush Kouji giving a letter to her classmate Akemi. Shocked and saddened, Inari rushes to a shrine, where the goddess Uka-no-Mitama-no-Kami appears to her. As thanks for saving a fox pup, as well as out of pity for her plight, the goddess grants Inari the power to shape-shift.

Episode 1:

Not bad for the first episode. I liked that serene mood. Inari seems a to be a bit too shy though and obviously likes her classmate. Some parts of it reminds me of Kamisama Kiss.

Her spoiler[wish made her look quite a bit different and wow, she's getting more attention from others than before.] I'm not too sure how well this series will work out but hopefully will be decent. I thought the first episode is okay. Only 10 episodes + OVA though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully this will be something like Gingitsune.
Lately, I started to like this kind of anime ^^
Seems like this one will have some romance in it.
That's always a nice bonus.
spoiler[Why does Inari have to be such a hopeless girl?
Guess it wouldn't be interesting enough any other way ^^"
Inari stumbled upon something amazing.
Don't know if she appreciates it enough.]

Anyway, it's really relaxing and fun.
Gonna be watching this!
Bolaum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
First episode was cool. This anime isn't "omg great" but it's okay and I'll probably watch til the end.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I think I am going to end up liking this more than Gingitsune. Mostly because this has romance and the goddess is gorgeous. Lets see what Inari will be doing with spoiler[her powers of transformation. I doubt she will be abusing it and she probably can't control it too well so she might be ending up in awkward situations. ] It seems like her older brother can see Uka.

Everyone besides Uka has an accent. Anyone know what the accent is? I think this is the first time I watched an anime where majority of the characters have an accent.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I liked the eppie, but not as much as I assumed I was going. I'm not even sure why I was so convinced I was going to really dig it, to be honest. I think it's because I had a slightly different idea of what the premise was but at this point I couldn't even tell you what it was - maybe I thought Inari was being bullied? And I'm not sure I knew that the god was female.

One logic question: I know that Inari was spoiler[given the power to transform but how does that translate into her no longer actually being Sumizome? To me, it seemed like she'd still be Sumizome but with the power to transform so that she looked like her old self.] Am I missing something?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I think i would have enjoyed this a bit more had the MC been so whiny and childish. I mean seriously almost every 5 minutes she's crying about something else and having to be comforted by someone for it. Her friends are basically a full time babysitter for her. And i don't see that changing soon.
bleh.........

This will indeed be my replacement for Gingitsune though and i'm glad it's implementing romance which i wish Gingitsune had done. Still i'll always consider Gintaro to be the best shrine god from this point forward :I.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
One logic question: I know that Inari was spoiler[given the power to transform but how does that translate into her no longer actually being Sumizome? To me, it seemed like she'd still be Sumizome but with the power to transform so that she looked like her old self.] Am I missing something?
That's the way I saw it. Then again, I'm not sure there's a "default" person, so maybe it doesn't matter.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I see where I might be getting confused: when Inari spoiler["became" Sumizome, she didn't actually possess Sumizome's body, like I thought. There was Sumizome the Original still walking around, blissfully unaware of what was going on and the Inari who now looked exactly like Sumizome the Original.] Got it.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

She was just given the ability to transform into her not BE her. If you notice in the last scene Sumizome is sitting in the back of the classroom so it's likely she was still around when Inari transformed into her. That's just a guess though.

Edit: oh you got it already Embarassed
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote
I like this show.

I like the main chicky, I like her friends, the animation is nice, I enjoy the music and mostly I enjoy the Shrine Spirit, as she seems more easy-going then most shrine spirits I've seen in anime past.

I like the Foxes (foxi?) and the premise is interesting.

Now, they kinda of alluded to this but...she can spoiler[change into anybody, right? Any living human? Not just blondie?]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I think i would have enjoyed this a bit more had the MC been so whiny and childish. I mean seriously almost every 5 minutes she's crying about something else and having to be comforted by someone for it. Her friends are basically a full time babysitter for her. And i don't see that changing soon.
bleh.........

Even though I'm usually the one bemoaning crybaby protagonists, I felt Inari's situation was very real and relatable for any teenage girl and didn't find her reactions exaggerated at all (if you overlook the unlikelihood of pulling a guy's pants down while tripping). I remember when the guy I liked in high school broke up with his girlfriend, and then they got back together right in front of me (like making out right in my nose). I could really sympathize with Inari watching the cutesy girl get a headstart with her crush, and empathize with her jealousy, her heartbreak and her frustration at being too shy to convey her own feelings. Maybe it's because the situation hit a little close to home for me, but I didn't find her crying and sadness to be overdone.

I liked this episode a lot, I didn't expect to after being somehow disappointed by Gingitsune (loved the show, but it kind of never went anywhere). I think I'll keep track of this one, of all the teenage dramas out there, Inari Konkon felt like one of the less contrived.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that I really cracked up over the scene where Inari spoiler[returns to the God to find her and the familiars playing an otome game.] Not that it is any kind of wildly original idea, but I wasn't expecting it and I thought it was well handled.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
My favorite first episode of the season. The character designs for Inari and Uka-sama are gorgeous, nice background art too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I did not really have any interest in Gingitsune in its first episode, but I rather liked this and plan to watch more. Perhaps I have bad judgement I quite liked the main character, she almost felt like a real person that had a crappy day and I liked it. Also there seems to be a larger person too (her friend), don't see too many of those who aren't greatly exaggerated or terribly background.

I got a laugh out of the god spoiler[playing an Otome game].
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
From the speculations I read before the show aired, I was expecting a serious and sedate fantasy like RDG, but this was a light comedy with childish, cartoony touches (graphics like the bump growing out of Inari's head after she fell, and the "sound lines" to indicate a growling stomach). Not sure how I feel about it, and I'm not planning to get a Funi account right now...

I was highly amused by Inari tripping and accidentally pulling down her crush's pants. It's totally a gender reversed guy-falls-in-girl's-chest gag, and it really works!

Not sure if the older brother is supposed to be grumpy or angry or what, but they're definitely hinting at some kind of foil in the future.

Also that comment about the goddess spoiler[not asking permission before giving a part of her power to Inari seemed ominous.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7