• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yet Another Hidden Haruhi Suzumiya VA Poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:

I... do feel sorry for those that didn't win, though. I hope that at least some of them claim some voices of secondary characters on the show. :(

Whose to say they will necessarily pick the voice actors that "won", though? Not that I have a problem with any of the "winners", though (aside from JYB, who I am iffy on but not completely against. I still would rather have Steve Staley or Dave Wittenberg on Itsuki, as there auditions seem to be in the right spirit).

Since we're on secondary guesses, some of my thoughts on who may play them...

Ryoko Asakura - Megan Hollingshead, Karen Strassman, Bridget Hoffman
Tsuruya - Melissa Fahn, Philece Sampler
Kyon's sister - Sherry Lynn, Sandy Fox, Rebecca Forstadt (almost anyone who voices a Tachikoma would be great...)
Taniguchi - Liam O'Brien
Kunikida - Yuri Lowenthal
Computer Society President - Peter Doyle

Last edited by EmperorBrandon on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
My hopes for the minor roles:

Kyon's Sister - Mellisa Fahn (Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV in Cowboy Bebop, Tia in Zatch Bell, a Tachikoma in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
Tsuruya - Lara Jill Miller (Scheris Adjani in s-CRY-ed, a Tachikoma in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
Taniguchi - Robert Wicks (Gene Starwind in Outlaw Star, Beck in Big O, Hubb in Wolf's Rain)
Kunikida - Ian Hawk (Jim in Outlaw Star, Kenichi in Metropolis, Al Izuruha in Gundam 0080)
Computer Club Prez - Kirk Thorton (Bart Garsus in Vandread)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Kunikida - Ian Hawk (Jim in Outlaw Star, Kenichi in Metropolis, Al Izuruha in Gundam 0080)

I do wonder if they will go for a female VA on Kunikida like they have in the Japanese version... High-school age is a little too old to need to be voiced by female VA's in my opinion (certainly several male VA's that could do that range well), though it isn't out of possibility I guess.
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
When I click the link, it says

Warning

Your action has created a 404 error in the space time continuum.
CGord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Haterater wrote:
I would love to see the opening and endings dubbed. For crying out loud people, if you don't like switch to the Japanese track! That's why its there if you don't want to listen to English versions of the songs! Some people act like their force to listen to the songs in English or something...

Like any other dubbed anime song, it will be terrible, and embarassing to watch for the first time with any of your friends that haven't seen it yet and prefer to watch dubs. A little thing like a bad dubbed OP can be all it takes to turn a new fan off to a show.

Fortunately, dubbing of an OP or ED is very rare, and I don't think Bandai's ever done it with their shows.

Who on earth said it would be terrible? Not to mention you don't know everyone's taste in music and the likes. There ARE people who like English versions of songs, you know.
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I had been waiting for them to put up choices for a male voice actor, and the poll is already gone?! Well, I didn't go looking for the hidden polls so I guess it must have been they're for a while judging from the comments.
Fallen Embers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:34 am Reply with quote
Actually Haruhi is already down. One day after it going up. Odd they didn't give it much time. Sheesh. How can you get a fair sampling of opinion that quickly?
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
Fallen Embers wrote:
Actually Haruhi is already down. One day after it going up. Odd they didn't give it much time. Sheesh. How can you get a fair sampling of opinion that quickly?

There were several hints on both the source page and the countdown page that we would only have "24 hours" to vote on Haruhi. Maybe they wanted the votes to come from those of us interested/obsessed enough to go every day....?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
sakura-neko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Wait, how long are the auditions anyway?

I keep clicking on the links but it keeps on saying "warning" and there's an error. Are the links being changed or deleted? All the links I've found on this thread keep on saying that. What are the latest polls?
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
sakura-neko wrote:
Wait, how long are the auditions anyway?

I keep clicking on the links but it keeps on saying "warning" and there's an error. Are the links being changed or deleted? All the links I've found on this thread keep on saying that. What are the latest polls?

...please read the thread before you post. It's already been said several times in this thread that the polls were taken down. In fact, my post right above your post said that the Haruhi audition only lasted a day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quote
Fallen Embers wrote:

It was a tactic. I see the short duration as indicative of two situations:

1. Bandai was hoping enough attention would be drawn from New Years celebrations to have people swarm the Haruhi audition, with the objective of obtaining higher votes than the previous samples.

2. Bandai does not value the ratings for the Haruhi (series) clips all that much, and is instead using the voices to fuel speculation at who among the auditions will be casted in the lead roles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7