Interest Your Lie in April, One-Punch Man Top Sugoi Japan Awards 2016 Results
posted on 2016-03-22 17:45 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge
The Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper published the winners of its 2016 Sugoi Japan Awards. The project promoted pop cultural works that fans feel are most deserving of foreign attention. Divided into four categories — anime, manga, light novels, and "entertainment novels" — the awards promote the works that have the "universality," "originality" and "potential" to be big international hits. The time frame is the last 3.5 years, except for anime, which is only from the past year.
- Your Lie in April
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
- Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
- Psycho-Pass movie
- One-Punch Man by ONE and Yuusuke Murata
- Tokyo Ghoul by Sui Ishida
- Haikyu!! by Haruichi Furudate
- Twittering Birds Never Fly by Kou Yoneda
- Monster Musume by OKAYADO
Light Novel Series
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? by Fujino Ōmori
- Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata (How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend) by Fumiaki Maruto
- Amagi Brilliant Park by Shoji Gatoh
- Overlord by Kugane Maruyama
- SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist by Hirotaka Akagi
- The Empire of Corpses by Project Itoh and Toh Enjoe
- Kaidantō ("Step Island") by Yutaka Kōno
- Alice Koroshi ("Killing Alice") by Yasumi Kobayashi
- Man-Gan ("Fulfilled Vow") by Honobu Yonezawa
- BEATLESS by Satoshi Hase
A total of 92 works were originally selected by fans and "experts" in July.