News Mushishi Anime Gets 2nd Season in April
posted on 2014-01-04 11:15 EST
The premiere airing of the Mushishi Tokubetsu-hen: Hihamukage special announced on Sunday that a second season of the Mushishi television anime has been green-lit. The second season, Mushishi: Zoku-Shō (Mushishi: The Sequel Chapter), will premiere in April.
The new season will reunite most of the staff from the first season, led by director and series script supervisor Hiroshi Nagahama:
- Original Manga: Yuki Urushibara (published in Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon)
- Director/Series Script Supervisor: Hiroshi Nagahama
- Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
- Art Director: Takeshi Waki
- Technical Adviser: Yoshihisa Oyama
- Director of Photography: Yuuta Nakamura
- Editing: Masahiro Matsumura
- Music: Toshio Masuda
- Sound Director: Kazuya Tanaka
- Animation Production: Animation Studio Artland
Cast members Yuto Nakano and Mika Doi are also reprising their roles as Ginko and the narrating voice.
Urushibara's original manga began in 1995, and finished in Afternoon in 2008. Del Rey published the the manga, and Funimation released Hiroshi Nagahama and Artland's first anime adaptation and Katsuhiro Otomo's live-action film version in North America.
Urushibara's recent two-chapter special manga spinoff of Mushishi inspired the January television special. Kodansha published the manga in the January and February issues of Afternoon magazine, which shipped on November 25 and December 25, respectively. The anime special aired on January 4 at 11:30 p.m. on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, and BS11, and Crunchyroll will stream it into several countries.
Source: Comic Natalie
Images © Yuki Urushibara/Kodansha, Aniplex