Junko's 'Kiss Him, Not Me' Shōjo Romantic Comedy Manga Gets Live-Action Film
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The cast includes: (Top row, left to right in image above)
- Nonoka Yamaguchi (E-girls) as Kae Serinuma (after slimming down)
- Hokuto Yoshino (THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE) as Asuma Mutsumi, Kae's cool and intelligent senior who falls in love with her
- Asahi Itō as Nozomu Nanashima, a "bad boy" type who is prone to teasing
- Miu Tomita as Kae Serinuma (before slimming down)
- Fuju Kamio as Yūsuke Igarashi, a serious but kind classmate
- Sō Okuno as Hayato Shinomiya, a cute, tsundere first-year student
Norihisa Hiranuma (High & Low film series) is directing the film, and is also co-writing the script with Nami Kikkawa, Shōhei Fukuda, Kei Watanabe, and Daisuke Kamijō.
Hi there! My name is Serinuma Kae. I'm the kind of girl who loves checking out boys and fantasizing about them getting friendly (and more) with each other - I'm what you might call a fujoshi. One day, my beloved (yes, he's an anime character) died, and the shock of it all was more than I could have ever prepared for! My grief over his passing resulted in some ridiculous weight-loss!
And you won't believe what happened next! Soon after my change, the four most divinely gorgeous boys in my school asked me out on dates! I accepted them all, and you'd think I'd be happy with my sudden popularity, but the truth is, my heart only yearns for a prince to be next to his prince. Ahh, yes, boys, I'd much prefer that you turn your affections elsewhere and Kiss Him, Not Me!
The manga began in Kodansha's Bessatsu Friend magazine in 2013 and ended on February 13, 2018. Kodansha published the manga's 14th and final compiled volume in Japan in March 2018. Kodansha Comics published the manga's 14th volume in English in July 2018. The manga inspired a 12-episode television anime that premiered in October 2016. Crunchyroll streamed the anime as it aired in Japan, and Funimation streamed an English dub.
Source: Comic Natalie