• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Detective Conan's Shinichi & Kaitō Bedsheets Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Why would you do this to Conan? I mean I can understand all those cutsy moe/ecchi anime gals? but Conan, really? Why Japan, why must you make bedsheets & body pillows like this for everything, this...this honestly makes me sad. Did Gosho Aoyama Approve these?

But hey, I guess the female Otaku need some merch to, whatever, lol.
thomas8166

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

But hey, I guess the female Otaku need some merch to, whatever, lol.

Seeing as the news source is Fujyoshi News, I'm not terribly surprised...

But man, this brings back memories. I had watched this series for a few years over a decade ago, and seems it's still going strong.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
How much of the manga/anime have you seen/read? Aoyama is not shy at all about sexualizing a lot of the characters. You get to see Ai (in her 8 year old girl form) lounging around the house in her panties. Or the various Ai/Ayumi bath scenes with barely any steam covering the bare minimum. Ran alone gets her fair share of fanservice-y scenes (there's a mountain of 'Conan bathing with Ran, despite Conan is actually a teenage guy so he gets flustered' jokes in the series alone')

Though admittedly, this is the first time I think the guys were sexualized this way. But then Detective Conan is similar to Inuyasha in that it's a shounen with a huge fujoshi fanbase, so it makes sense.
Banjo

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
no Kogoro Mouri? thats sad Laughing
The American Average

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
no Kogoro Mouri? thats sad Laughing

Hell I'd buy that Razz
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
How about some of Conan's enemies? They'd make for some more interesting dakimakura.

I'd feel kinda dirty having these sheets. He's still looks like a kid on these pictures.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Coming soon, a dakimakura of Inspector Megure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Magna_Lilly

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait for a Dr. Agasa Laughing
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
@Titan: I have read all 42 volumes currently available in the states (Case Closed/Detective Coanan is one of my favorite series after all.) And while Conan does have abit of what I guess you could call fan service in it, its hardly noticeable compared to so many other series, I often forget its even there.

But yeah I admit I overexgerated abit in my first post, I just find this particular product abit odd for something like Detective Conan. I mean, whats next? A Racheal/Ran boob mousepad? lol.

But yeah in the big scheme of things, not a big deal, but just kind of eh, wow, that bait unexpected.

But yeah between this & the theft of the Conan statue's magnifying glass, today is a rather interesting day for Conan fans, lol. Laughing
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
How much of the manga/anime have you seen/read? Aoyama is not shy at all about sexualizing a lot of the characters. You get to see Ai (in her 8 year old girl form) lounging around the house in her panties. Or the various Ai/Ayumi bath scenes with barely any steam covering the bare minimum. Ran alone gets her fair share of fanservice-y scenes (there's a mountain of 'Conan bathing with Ran, despite Conan is actually a teenage guy so he gets flustered' jokes in the series alone')

The fact that you remember these kinds of things is incredibly disturbing.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw the headlines I was "So what, I think I've got a Chicken Little bedsheet somewhere" -- and then I actually saw the bedsheets.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I think I did see a Ran mousepad one time awhile ago.

Chagen46 wrote:

...You're probably the last person here who should be saying that.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Shinichi & Kaito Kid are both pretty cool characters but $130 for bedsheets? Are they at least King size? BTW I love the description for Shinichi:
"...looking somewhat abashed as he loosens his necktie and holds out his left arm for you." Anime hyper

Also, no Hatori? Anime cry
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I looked at the thread and saw all the outrage over Detective Conan bedsheets and sort of expected to see Conan awkwardly sprawled out in linens. I see that it's the teenage boys, Shinichi and Kaito Kid,..come on those two are played up as being serious heartthrobs all the time.

How could anyone not notice the amount of time the characters spend at spas and in baths? Kogoro goes on vacation to one of those locales nearly every other week.

chagen46 wrote:

Yes because the ability to remember scenes from anime and manga that you've watched/read before is a bad thing if the content is sexual in any effing way.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
I looked at the thread and saw all the outrage over Detective Conan bedsheets and sort of expected to see Conan awkwardly sprawled out in linens. I see that it's the teenage boys, Shinichi and Kaito Kid,..come on those two are played up as being serious heartthrobs all the time.

How could anyone not notice the amount of time the characters spend at spas and in baths? Kogoro goes on vacation to one of those locales nearly every other week.

It's perfectly possible to read a volume or two or catch an episode or two of Detective Conan without noticing any of this. It's fairly mainstream where I am, and it's broadcasted and sold in video stores in the 'kids' shows' sections rather than 'anime'.

I don't have anything against the bedsheets per se, it's just not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Detective Conan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2