• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
Ah yes, well with this episode I can say that IMO it's getting better. spoiler[Jeremiah's reaction to Zero calling him "orange boy" was hilarious.] Laughing

I noticed a few things in the dub too- they used honorifics calling Tamaki "Tamaki-san" and the ending ran a little longer seeing as how they used one more still image than usual.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11 is out on Adult Swim's website, and it's full of AWESOME and revelations just how I remember it! Like for example....

spoiler[- one of the most awesome mecha fight so far in this series, Karen's Guren Mk. II vs. Suzaku's Lancelot, and they were evenly matched if it weren't for Karen tripping over the cliff.

- then comes C.C. completely mind-fu**ing Suzaku thus revealing snippits of his past.

- And then Zero gets a glimpse of the freaky images that includes some of C.C.'s past

- And finally the cave scene where we get the absolutely cute Lelouch x C.C. moments! Embarassed ]
emory

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I remember I had a double-take with that scene to see if it's what I thought of, and my golly it really is! Laughing

And yes, spoiler[Shirley and Lelouch did kiss at the end of the episode (man, that scene made it more painful since I'm simultaneously watching Season 2 right now with the given events)]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:

So they kept that scene in. I was expecting it to be cut, given that they even blurred out Kallens cleavage (not nipples, just cleavage) but I guess they figured that you had to be old enough and have a dirty mind already to know what was going on anyway.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c3921b11640a011b12774e4c0022
Yeeeeah I guess when there's no actual nudity, even partial, there's no need to cut out the scene. What surprises me more is the fact that the episode is still only rated TV-14V with no "S" to indicate that there is some sexual content. Maybe it wasn't enough for the FCC to notice.
emory

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
FCC doesn't regulate cable.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
@emory:
I seem to have forgotten about that. Embarassed
Although it's not like [as] could ever receive scrutiny for it since this show is aired at 1 AM on a Saturday night.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Poor table.

I don't know. Seems like if I was a table, this would be an excellent break from the monotony of it all. Razz

As for the more important parts of the episode, I find it interesting that Zero is now just blatantly using C2 like he did. I guess I figure she is kind of a trump card, but the more he exposes her, the more people are going to put two and two together. I was also unclear whether it was him or C2 that was controling the nightmares at the Kyoto group headquarters. Maybe someone can clear that up for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote
Maaan, that episode was insane. spoiler[The end of it, jeez. This show suddenly got a lot better.]

And yeah, that one scene...I had to go online just to make sure I wasn't imagining that.

Dargonxtc wrote:
spoiler[I was also unclear whether it was him or C2 that was controling the nightmares at the Kyoto group headquarters. Maybe someone can clear that up for me.]

spoiler[Lelouch was in one of the four Knightmares. He simply attacked and disabled the other three. There was no Geass usage there.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I would assume his geass was just spoiler["get me access to one of the security detail's Nightmares",] once he had it he was golden.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:23 am Reply with quote
They explained how America became Britannia in episode 12 during the classroom scene. spoiler[Apparently Elizabeth III fled to America and the colonies became Britannia.]
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
New ep

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c3921b30465e011b318d7c07001d

and Diethard continues to sound awesome!!!
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote
Anybody else see a black screen instead of the episode, or is it just us lucky Houston area viewers?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Anybody else see a black screen instead of the episode, or is it just us lucky Houston area viewers?

Just you.

Anyway, Lelouch is officially a total bastard.

spoiler[Seriously, I mean sacrifices are needed sometimes, but now he is just acting like a two-bit gangster.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 60