• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cleanup required for Aquarian Age TV

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
386sky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote
Aquarian Age TV contains a number of duplicate persons (mostly based on translation errors on the U.S. DVD, compared to the D2_STATION Kanji source):

• Zenya YAMAMOTO is a Kanji reading error duplicate of Yoshiya YAMAMOTO.

• Fumitaka SAKOZAKI is a Kanji reading error duplicate of Fumitoshi OIZAKI.

Wrong staff positions:
Wrong position for Sound Director.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote
Anime link: Aquarian Age TV.

But none of the aforementioned errors are flagged here so far - no error reports, no source, no proof of anything.

And a mere 2 errors would hardly call for a "cleanup" of the whole anime.

Then again, the credits are certainly not complete (e. g. key animators only for ep. 1-3); this is one of the anime I like so I may put in on top of my list for over-crediting it with D2_STATION data to check what's good and what's bad about these English DVD credits. (Some of the credits are already sourced from D2_STATION.)

386sky, you're Korean, right? Then Aquarian Age could indeed be a job for you, as D2_STATION lists the following In-Between credits for episodes 1-13 (excluding 12 where D2_STATION has a gap in its data):

1  深青の序曲
動画:Jyung Nam-Sun Park So-Hoa Kim Jung-Hee Ryu Soon-Yang Bang Eun-Ea

2  緑炎の予感
動画:Hee Won

3  濁赤の憂鬱

4  潜黒の供物
動画:木之内麻衣子 中央ムービー

5  閃白の必然
    長野路子 久保川絵梨子 李佳珍 今井一暁 F・A・I

6  幻緑の救済
動画:ANI VILLAGE 火鳥動画 プラム

7  深紅の分蘖
動画:Hee Won 考仁動画 京江ANIA 年代動画 マウス

8  薄紫の覚醒
動画:Jyung Nam-Sun Park So-Hoa Kim Jung-Hee Ryu Soon-Yang Bang Eun-Ea (DR MOVIE)
    Mun Jun-Yoon Kim Sum-An Cho Young-Eim
    Hue Yoon-Yang Choi Se-Kwan Park Mi-Ha (京江ANIA)

9  烈銀の残影
動画:Choi Soon-Yeoi Kim Sung-Hee Park Kyong-Soo Byon Eun-Soon
    Song Hyun-Ju An Mi-Myoung An Sun-Hee Yon Ki-Young
    Lee Kyoung-Won Lee Soo-Hyon Lee Soon-Young (DR MOVIE)
    Lee Song-Ho Sung Gi-O Zyon Gi-Dong  Kim Sung-Mni Li Hyon-Sun
    Lee Byoung-Ok Song Sung-Soun Kim Kyong-Ha (中央MOVIE)

10  萌黄の此岸
動画:Go Jin-Ju Kwan Young-Tae Kim Seon-Ea KimAe-Kyung Kim Sung-Hee
    Kim Kyung-A Kim Gi-Don Kim Mi-Suk Kim Kon-Hyun Park Suk-Hwa
    Park Se-Ra Park Su-Cyong Park Hyon-An Seo Dong-Won Soung Jee-Young
    An Mi-Kyung An Su-Hee Yang Yun-Ju Yo Soo-Ok Yu Yung-Jung
    Lee Mi-Ko Lee Kyung-Won Lee Soo-Ryon Lee Soon-Young Jang Hung-Ja
    Jeong Hee-Jin Jung Young-Hee Cho Hyun-Mi Choi Soon-Yeoi
    Choi Eun-An Ryun Eun-Me Hwang Su-Jin

11  藍碧の渦動
動画:火鳥動画 遼東動画 大連時代動画 ANI VILLAGE U-NI動画 プラム

13  純白の抱擁
動画:中野りょうこ 澤田弘栄
    Kwan Ju-Ok Kim Min-Suk Seo Young-Dwon Bie Jae-Hyun  Lee Won-Kyun
    Kwan Tae-Wan Kim Kyung-Pil Shin Seo-Suk Park Mi-Jeong Kim Min-Ju
    Kwan Young-Tae Kim kyoung-A kim Gi-Don Kim Min-Suk Kim Won-Hyun
    Park Se-Ra Park Su-Cyoung Park Hyun-Ah Park Hao-Jung Seo Kun-Seok
    Seo Dong -Woo Seo Sun-Mi Song Hyun-Ju An Kyu-Hwan An Mi-Kyoung
    An Sun-Hee Yang Yun-Ju Yu Seock-Jeong Yu Soo-Ok Yu Yung-Jyung
    Yu Ki-Young Lee Kyung-Won Lee Soo-Yeoo Jang Hyung-Ja
    Jeong Koung-Hee Chyuong Youn-Hee Choi Hyun-Mi Choi Eun-Ah
    Hun Jin-Young Hong Sung-Choi Hwang Su-Jin
    アートランド 年代動画公司 京江ANIA

Can we assume these names to be surname first, given name (with hyphen) last, and as such use to identify ANN person entries with wrong name order? (Lots of Lee, Kim, Park and An as family names...?)
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote
386sky, did you add the companies for In-Between Animation?

Please replace the useless source string "D2_STATION" by "http://www1.vecceed.ne.jp/~m-satomi/aquarianage.sub1.html" so that whoever wants to check this source can get there with just one mouse click... thank you.

... heavens, no!

You entered all the In-Between Animation persons in the exact opposite order of what I expected them, thus creating lots of new persons... are you really sure about this?
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Most of Aquarian Age TV over-credited by D2_STATION data. Some of the persons who were credited so far turned out to be duplicates of other persons already existing at ANN based on the kanji data of D2_STATION. All in all it's not that bad, only a handful of wrong persons. I'm not through with everything yet, just want to start making a readable report.

Note that some persons were credited by D2_STATION under different kanji from those existing in ANN (probably due to these kanji being used in the original video, I didn't check that as the person with the plausible name always had many credits of the matching type already and none of them was an obvious split candidate); I added the kanji name of the D2_STATION source to the URL string in these cases (about a dozen or so).

The following issues for Key Animators came up in the process:

[one time duplicate for Aquarian Age => purge]
  • Hiroya IIHARA (no kanji, 1 staff for key animation in Aquarian Age, source = "episode 1 credits") appears to be a misreading of
    Hiroya IIJIMA (飯島 弘也, 27 staff for animation).
  • Doshiru KOBAYASHI (no kanji, 1 staff for key animation in Aquarian Age, source = "episode 1 credits") appears to be a misreading of
    Toushio KOBAYASHI (小林 冬至生, 11 staff for animation).
  • Osaiko OKAYAMA (no kanji, 1 staff for key animation in Aquarian Age, source = "D2_STATION" as string) appears to be a misreading of
    Shinako OKAYAMA (岡山 思菜子, 20 staff for animation).

[anonymous duplicate with several credits already => no information which one is correct]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Production Advancement came up with one issue:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Color Key came up with one issue:

[one time duplicate for Aquarian Age => selective purge of 1 credit]
  • Hiroki SAKAI (no kanji, 3 credits for production, in-betweening and color key!) appears to be a split case but at least the color key credit for Aquarian Age should probably rather go to
    Norioki SAKAI (坂井 憲興, 7 staff for color / finishing, Studio Ron; 憲興 has no ENAMDICT reading but the kanji can be read separately as Nori-Oki).

Credits for companies came up with one issue:

Cast / Seiyuu came up with one issue (so far, work in progress):

[one time duplicate for Aquarian Age => purge]I haven't checked the other seiyuu (yet) but this one was the only one with only 1 credit at ANN and no kanji names.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Too tired and headache-y (seriously, when is this storm going to break? It's been horribly oppressive for weeks) to do anything now, but I'd like to point out that a number of the flagged credits were actually entered by 386sky - I think all of the errored staff outside the animation directors which were sourced from the ADV DVDs.

I can also see a number of Korean names entered incorrectly - e.g. Park is a family name and the hyphenated part of the name is always the given name so "Park Mi-Ha" and "Park So-Hoa" are backwards.

--edit--

Oh, the Korean names came up already sorry. Said I had a headache.
Here's dormcat's advice on Korean names:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=123351#123351
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Animation Directors came up with two issues:

Background Art came up with one issue:

Over-crediting of staff completed.

I gave up on entering the many Korean staff for in-betweening and checks due to many of them already existing in the wrong name order, not really wanting to add further credits to them but also not wanting to create duplicates of each of them in the other name order. (I did create a few Korean animator persons though, with dormcat's advice in mind.)
386sky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
The entries you've created can be hidden now but the Update Manager will be minimized.

Animation came up with one issue:

• Fumitaka SAKOZAKI is a duplicate of Fumitoshi OIZAKI. You have added this credit so this credit can now be hidden.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
Over-crediting cast completed.

The U.S. DVD credits are of even better quality than the D2_STATION data, the latter contained a few kanji errors and mixed up the role names of Arayashiki West and Arayashiki North (I checked the original video). I had little more to do than adding a few episode precisions.

Only one minor error that should be fixed:
The role name of "Misato Yukimuyra" should be "Misato Yukimura" (雪邑 未郷, read each kanji separately). I added her with the correct spelling as secondary character as she present in every episode except for the first and acts as "career booster" of T.L.System plus pulling some strings behind the scenes.
386sky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quote
The default fonts in the subtitles for Nico Nico Douga use:
Arial Bold (top subtitles, text which will scroll into the left)
System Text Font (bottom subtitles)

Google search for ヴィズ・ビデオ leaves 2,760,000 results in Japanese, Turkish and several other languages, while as ヴィズ動画 includes more than hundreds of results (including Livedoor) but several results has been deleted.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

5  閃白の必然

"李佳珍" has been entered as "Lee Ga-Min". This is clearly backwards, however we don't have a Ga-Min Lee and while this may be a Chinese name, I have no idea if the given name is romanized correctly (李 is Li/Lee).

--edit--

I've done all I'm going to get done on this today. I've cleared the errors and re-entered some data, then cancelled the re-entry because DD was doing it at the same time, I've checked, removed and re-entered inverted Korean names for In-betweeners, In-between check and Digital Paint. This has taken me hours and I can't face doing the key animators right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Devil Doll wrote:

5  閃白の必然

"李佳珍" has been entered as "Lee Ga-Min". This is clearly backwards, however we don't have a Ga-Min Lee and while this may be a Chinese name, I have no idea if the given name is romanized correctly (李 is Li/Lee).

A big problem is that this name can be either Mandarin, Cantonese, or Korean. I'm sure it's not in Mandarin but not sure if it belongs to either of other two. Rolling Eyes
386sky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:04 am Reply with quote
The Shakugan no Shana article lists TV TOKYO MUSIC for 音楽協力 so it can be deleted. You've removed this credit. The tag j.c.staff is not usual so you type this JCスタッフ as J.C. STAFF in all capitals only. The "Check for Updates" link in Mozilla Firefox is disabled by default in Linux systems. Topic may be stop locking on the finals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1