ANNual Halloween Pumpkin Carving ContestOctober 23, 2009
Thanks to everyone who entered this year. Judging was brutal, as there were an immense number of breath-taking pumpkins. We'd like to congratulate the following people:
Halloween is right around the corner, which means only one thing -- Anime News Network's annual pumpkin carving contest is back! Slash up your best anime-related masterpiece, and you could walk away with a giant stash of horror titles-- and the title of this year's number one pumpkin carving champion.
This year, we'll be awarding a special prize for the scariest design. The scarier the better, whether it's creepy little kids with crazy eyes, or demons spitting fire.
- Send in only TWO jpgs of your finished pumpkin—one lit up at night, and one during the daytime with a sign in front of it that says "Anime News Network 2009".
- In your email, please include the name or handle that you would like us to use on the website.
- Entries are due by 11:59 PM PST, Monday Nov. 2, 2009. No exceptions.
- Only real pumpkins can be used. Sorry, that means no craft pumpkins. Alternative non-pumpkin gourds are also acceptable.
- Usage of markers or other coloring methods is allowed for contrast purposes.
- All entries should be emailed to halloween @ animenewsnetwork . com
- Anyone can enter, but prizes will only be shipped to addresses within the US or Canada.
- How many times can I enter? As many times as you want.
- Can I win both the special prize and one of the other prizes? Nope. By default, we'll put you in contention for either the grand prize or the first prize, unless you explicitly request otherwise in your email.
When will the winners be announced? Good question. After the contest, the ANN staff get together and butt heads over the entrants for a few days, and the more entries we get, the harder it is. We'll try to make the decision within a week.
Prizes were generously donated by the following sponsors:The Fine Print: Although unlikely to happen, Anime News Network reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time. Contest is open to any and all residents of the planet Earth and neighbour parallel dimensions, but prizes will only be shipped within the continental United States and Canada (So if you win, but you live in Antarctica, you have to arrange to have it sent to someone living in the appropriate area, and they can send it to you.) Winners' names will be posted on AnimeNewsNetwork.com, their mailing addresses will be provided to our shipping agent of choice (ie: USPS) and no one else. Winners' addresses and e-mail addresses will be erased once the prizes have been shipped. Non-winners' names, e-mail and mailing addresses will not be given out to any one and will be erased when the winners have been confirmed. Non-winners will not be contacted, spammed or harassed in any way. We reserve the right to retroactively add new rules when and how we see fit.
discuss this in the forum (173 posts) |
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history