News 1st Hakuōki Anime Film's Staff, Cast, Date Revealed
posted on 2013-04-21 11:45 EDT
Geneon announced the staff and cast for the upcoming Hakuōki movies on the anime's official website on Thursday. The film project is split into two parts that will tell an all-new story. As revealed on Sunday, Hakuōki: Daichishō Kyoto Ranbu (Hakuōki: Chapter 1 Kyoto Dance) will open in 31 theaters in Japan on August 24.
Staff and cast members for the Hakuōki anime are relatively the same for the production of the films:
- Original Work: Idea Factory
- Director: Osamu Yamasaki
- Script: Tsunekiyo Fujisawa / Osamu Yamasaki
- Original Character Design: Yone Kazuki
- Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Atsuko Nakajima
- Animation Production: Studio DEEN
- Houko Kuwashima as Chizuru Yukimura
- Shinichiro Miki as Toshizō Hijikata
- Showtaro Morikubo as Sōji Okita
- Kousuke Toriumi as Hajime Saitō
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Heisuke Tōdō
- Koji Yusa as Sanosuke Harada
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Chikage Kazama
Otomate's Sakura no Utage 2013 event offered advance tickets for the first film with postcards — both illustrated by the original game's character designer Yone Kazuki — on Sunday. Aika Yoshioka, the singer for some of the previous anime projects' opening theme songs, was previously revealed to contribute the theme song for the film project.
Available Now: Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor - Love Tyrant - Attack on Titan Season 2 - My Hero Academia season 2 ― Welcome to Anime News Network's Spring 2017 Preview Guide! Here's how it goes: our team of critics write up their impressions instantly and they get posted as they go along. Each critic will cover as many sho...