Chain Chronicle Smartphone RPG Also Gets TV Anime
posted on 2014-12-13 09:00 EST by Egan Loo
Sega Networks announced during its Sega Networks Fan Appreciation Festival 2014 event on Saturday that a television anime of its Chain Chronicle smartphone role-playing game has been green-lit. More details will be announced later.
- Akira Ishida (Slayers Try, Danganronpa The Animation) as Hero/Haruaki/Black Knight
- Ayane Sakura (Dream Eater Merry, Is the order a rabbit?) as Phina/Touka
- Maaya Uchida (Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live, Noragami) as Pirika/Ninfa
- Kotori Koiwai (Joshiraku, Soul Eater Not!) as Rinse/ Yuni
- Junichi Yanagita (Captain Earth) as Werner/Knuckle
- Shiori Mikami (Attack on Titan, Momo Kyun Sword) as Rifrette
- Mikako Komatsu (Bodacious Space Pirates, K) as Cain
- Yuka Terasaki (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Senyū.) as Marina/Aldora
- Rina Satou (A Certain Scientific Railgun S, Blue Exorcist) as Mishidia / Yugudo
- Yu Kobayashi (Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan) as Kiki
- Natsuko Kuwatani (Sengoku Basara, Rozen Maiden) as Eirenusu
- Tetsu Inada (Kill la Kill, Kobato.) as Greg/Dodogaru
- Yukiyo Fujii (Patema Inverted) as Juliana
Takeshi Mori (Vandread, The Skull Man) directed the anime shorts at Sotsu and Jūmonji from scripts by QUALIA, who wrote the scenario for the original game and its drama CD. Hiromi Kato (Guilty Crown, Fantasista Doll) designed the characters.
The short anime consists of eight five-minute episodes for a total runtime of 40 minutes. It had limited screenings at five theaters in Japan beginning on September 6.