Level-5's Snack World CG Anime Pilot Dubbed in English
posted on by Egan Loo
Game developer Level-5 began streaming the CG anime pilot film for The Snack World — its next cross-media project after Inazuma Eleven, Little Battlers eXperience, and Yo-kai Watch — with a English dub on Wednesday. The "hyper casual fantasy" is set in Snack World, a seemingly traditional fantasy world — except it has convenience stores, smartphones, and other elements of the modern world.
The cast includes, from top left to bottom right:
- Sachiko Hara/Ayana Taketatsu as Mayone (wordplay on mayonaise)
- Emily Reams/Megumi Han as Chup (ketchup)
- David Shaufele/Kenji Sugimura as Pepperon (pepperoni)
- Laurier Tiernan/Megumi Okada as Francene/Butako (pig/buta and tatsunoko/sea horse/dragon's child)
- Dwayne Lawler/Tadashi Miyazawa as Gobson (goblin and hobson)
- Nick/Yoshiyuki Kaneko as King Majesty/Ōsama (king)
- Jenny Skidmore/Ryoka Yuzuki as Princess Melora (melon)
- Brett Coleman/Tanuki Sugino as Vinegarr (vinegar, not pictured)
- Charles Glover/Takeshi Maruyama as Minister Gastank (not pictured)
- Laurier Tiernan/Yū Seki as Crouton (not pictured)
Level-5 head Akihiro Hino served as the executive director of the pilot film, and he also penned the original story concept, script, and the lyrics for the theme song "Mugen the World" sung by Micca. Takuzō Nagano (Inazuma Eleven, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Professor Layton, Yo-kai Watch franchises) designed the characters. Rei Kondoh (LBX franchise) scored the music. The pilot film's credits the anime studios OLM and OLM Digital.
The project will feature a Nintendo 3DS/Android/iOS game by Level-5, a full-CG television animation airing on TV Tokyo, a manga series running in Shogakukan's Monthly Corocoro Comic magazine, a toy line from Takara Tomy, and a movie that Toho will distribute throughout Japan.