News Joshiraku Manga Gets New Stage Play With Nogizaka46 Idols
posted on 2016-04-05 01:00 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
A new stage play of Kôji Kumeta and Yasu's Joshiraku manga about female rakugo storytellers has been green-lit. It will be titled Joshiraku Ni ~Toki Kakesoba~ (Joshiraku II: Time Soba Noodles in Broth) and will be set in the year 2066. As with last year's stage play, it will star members of the female idol group Nogizaka46.
As before, each of the five main cast members in the play will be triple cast, for a total of 15 cast members. Nogizaka46 currently has 37 members. The cast includes:
- Kana Nakada, Chiharu Saitō, and Mai Shinuchi as Kukuru Anrakutei
- Rina Ikoma, Kotoko Sasaki, and Hina Higuchi as Gankyō Kūrubiyūtei
- Ami Nōjō, Sayuri Inoue, and Rena Yamazaki as Marii Buratei
- Sayuri Matsumuri, Reika Sakurai, and Yumi Wakatsuki as Tetora Bōhatei
- Ayane Suzuki, Miria Watanabe, and Hinako Kitano as Kigurumi Harōkitei
Ikoma, Suzuki, Saitō, Sakurai, Watanabe, Shinuchi, Higuchi, and Wakatsuki are all new additions to the cast.
The play will run from May 12 to May 22 at Shibuya's AiiA 2.5 Theater Tokyo.
The original manga follows the behind-the-scenes dressing-room conversations of a group of female (joshi) Japanese verbal show (rakugo) performers. Kumeta and Yasu launched the manga in the inaugural issue of Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in 2009. The duo ended the six-volume manga in September 2013.
The manga inspired a 12-episode television anime series in 2012 by J.C. Staff.
Source: Comic Natalie