Live-Action One Week Friends Film Adds Cast With Original Character
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The additional cast includes (clockwise from upper left):
- Shūhei Uesugi as Hajime Kujō, a transfer student who knows Kaori's past
- Haori Takahashi as Saki Yamagishi, Kaori and Yūki's classmate and Yūki's childhood friend
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Jun Inoue, the homeroom teacher of Kaori and Yūki's class
- Masahiro Komoto as Takayuki, Kaori's father
- Seika Furuhata as Mayu Kondō, an original character for the film who is Kaori's friend from junior high
- Sayuri Kokusho as Shiho Fujimiya, Kaori's mother
They will join Haruna Kawaguchi (Ouran High School Host Club, Say "I love you".) and Kento Yamazaki (Orange, Death Note, Your Lie in April), who will play Kaori Fujimiya (seen left in photo below) and Yūki Hase (right), respectively.
The story of the manga revolves around Yūki, a boy who wants to become friends with his classmate and desk neighbor Kaori. However, she gently declines his friendship, saying, “But, my... memories of my friends disappear in a week...” Even so, Yūki wants to become her friend, and so the two become friends over and over again as the weeks pass.
The film started on principal photography last December。Shōsuke Murakami (live-action Barefoot Gen, Water Boys, Akai Ito) is directing the film, while Yōko Izumisawa (Garo -Goldstorm- Shō) wrote the script. The film will open in Japan in February 2017.
Hazuki began the manga in 2012, and ended it in January 2015. Hazuki drew a special chapter for the manga in April 2015. Square Enix published the manga's seventh and final compiled book volume in April 2015.
A television anime adaptation premiered in April 2014. Crunchyroll streamed the anime as it aired in Japan, and Sentai Filmworks has licensed the series for digital and home video release in North America.
Source: Comic Natalie