Shiori Furukawa's Five Manga Gets Live-Action Series
posted on by Karen Ressler
Manga artist Shiroi Furukawa revealed on her Twitter account on Thursday that a live-action drama based on her manga Five will premiere on Fuji TV and Fuji TV on Demand this summer. A commemorative press conference featuring the main cast and a video preview was held on Thursday.
The cast is as follows:
- Nana Osakawa as Hina Asō
- Ryūji Satō as Toshi Shimizu
- Mario Kuroba as Jun Tairaku
- Kōdai Matsuoka as Takui Iwabuchi
- Yukito Nishii as Nao Orisawa
- Takuya Negishi as Kojirō Yauchi
- Kimito Totani as Tooru Yamachika
- Anri Okamoto as Etsu Nakagome
- Kōki Mizuta as Mitsu Nakagome
- Kayano as Kana Komoro
- Keito Sakurai as Chiwa Masato
Furukawa's original romance manga serialized in Shueisha's Bessatsu Margaret magazine from 2004 to 2011. Shueisha published the series in 15 compiled volumes, and Futabasha is currently publishing new editions, with the 12th volume slated for March 28. The manga previously inspired a series of drama CDs.
The original manga follows Hina, who has repeatedly transferred schools due to her father's job, and has always dreamed of a normal high-school life. At her new school, however, she finds that her class is comprised solely of guys. On top of that, five mischievous boys from her class have taken a liking to her.