×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

News
TOHO Acquires Controlling Stake in TIA, Renames it to Toho Animation Studio

posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
TOHO now has 67.4% stake in studio, with ILCA controlling remaining 32.6%

TOHO announced on Saturday that it has acquired a controlling stake in TIA (TOHO Interactive Animation) studio, making it a subsidiary company, and changing its name to TOHO Animation Studio.

CG animation studios ILCA and Anima established the company jointly with the name I&A in 2017. The company changed its name to TIA in 2019. TOHO acquired a 34.8% stake in the company in 2020, with ILCA and Anima each maintaining a 32.6% stake, respectively. TOHO's new controlling stake represents a buyout of Anima's stake, with TOHO now controlling a 67.4% stake.

The studio has previously produced the 100 Nichikan Ikita Wani anime film, and the iii icecrin, iii icecrin 2, Ninja Collection, and That is the Bottleneck anime series.

Sources: Animation Business Journal (Tadashi Sudo), Toho Animation Studio


discuss this in the forum |
bookmark/share with: short url

News homepage / archives