• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Natsuko SATOU
Natsuko SATO

Obviously different romanisations of the same name.

佐藤菜津子 does 2DCG work - onscreen graphics and the like.

There are two inconsistent roles however - while it is probably possible to progress from tweening to the CG work, you wouldn't start as a producer and get busted down to tweening after a 10-year sabbatical.

The animator credit for Kikaider does have a usable source and it is definitely not the same person, so I just need to find a Natsuko in a haystack.. to be honest, I think that particular credit is a transcription error as the only Natsuko I can see credited for in-between animation under SHAFT is Natsuko Goto (後藤奈津子) who is already credited with the role (the odd thing is I was the one who recorded the Kanji on her page and I can't recall why). I've flagged it as an error.

Now to the Judge credit.. found a few basic cast lists but can't find this person on them, nor this role. Some of the info I've found isn't in our database so adding it as I go, and I've found a few more problems there so..

-----

Akitoshi MAEDA
Meiju MAEDA
Akiyoshi MAEDA

All have the same Kanji, 前田明寿. Looks to be at least two people lurking here however, I'll have to do some more digging later but I'm still busy with the Judge credits ..

----

Masahiko OOUCHI
Masahiko OUCHI

Alternative romanisation so seems pretty clear cut, but wouldn't hurt to so some cross checking to confirm, again that needs to wait for later.

Saving current progress here...

----

Yuichi SATO

Key animator: 佐藤祐一 (http://wiki.livedoor.jp/radioi_34/d/ちびまる子ちゃん(2009年))
Seiyuu: 佐藤裕一 (http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/3064/Bkr.htm)
I've not been able to find much information about that Seabass title one (Sorcerer on the Rocks)

We also have Yuuichi SATO:

Actor 佐藤雄一 (http://ameblo.jp/yuichi-beside/)

----

This was brought up by Abunai 5 years ago

Masashi AMEMORI
Masashi AMAMORI
Masashi AMENOMORI (correct)

----

Musashi Project
Masashi PROJECT

Musashi is correct, appears to be a band rather than a person

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/六三四Musashi
http://www.takezo.jp/

...bedtime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quote
And finally,
Yukari ASAI (朝井 ゆかり, 5 cast, born 1941-03-21) is a former name and thus the third duplicate of
Yoshiko ASAI (浅井淑子, 17 cast, born 1941-03-21)
as explained in http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/浅井淑子.

Kenta KITAGIRI (片桐健太, 1 cast for Boogiepop) is a spelling error duplicate of
Kenta KATAGIRI (片桐健太, 3 cast)
as "Katagiri" and "Katakiri" would be the two valid readings of those kanji.

Fumiko OOSAKA (no kanji, 1 cast for Arc the Lad with no source) and
Fumiko OHSAKA (大坂 史子, 1 cast for Boogiepop, kanji source)
are different romanization duplicates of
Fumiko OSAKA (大坂 史子, 6 cast, Wikipedia entry with references to Boogiepop and Arc the Lad);
given her reading "おおさか" I would prefer "Oosaka" to "Osaka" as her romanized name.

Masaki NAKAI (1 staff, 2 cast) might actually be more than one person
but at least the instance of the Boogiepop cast credit has the kanji name 中井将貴 (kanji source)
and as such appears to be a kanji reading error duplicate of
Masataka NAKAI (中井将貴, 6 cast)
given that "Masataka" is the only valid reading for 将貴 according to EDICT.

Yuu HACHINOHE (八戸優, 2 cast for Boogiepop and Cowboy Bebop) and
Makoto HACHINOHE (八戸優, 1 cast for Saiyuki TV, new kanji source)
both are kanji reading error duplicates of
Masaru HACHINOHE (八戸優, 6 cast, Wikipedia entry with links to Cowboy Bebop and Saiyuki TV).
(優 allows 16 readings, including Yuu and Masaru but not Makoto.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Etsurō MURAO (correct)
Murao ETSURO (inverted)

I just created the former for 村尾悦郎

村尾 = Murao (definitely)
悦郎 = Etsurō (modal)

The two (out of three) viable source links for the latter yield the same kanji, so same person.

[done]

----

Masaki WATANABE

The director is 渡辺正樹.

Theanimator who worked on Kiddy GiRL-and is 渡邉正樹.

The colourist is 渡邊正樹 (source).

----

Hiroyuki OSHIMA

The animator is 大嶋博之 (source)

The singer is 大嶋啓之 (source)

----

Hiroaki MATSUURA
Hiroaki MATSURA

Same role, same name, different romanization.

----

Yuki SAITO
Clearly a few people here:
6 seiyuu/singer roles
15 animator roles
3 production staff roles

Once I've finished doing what I'm doing now I'll do some more digging (if I remember)

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Mitsuko ASAMI (麻生 みつ子, kanji source, 1 cast for Sarutobi Ecchan (TV)) is a kanji misreading duplicate of
Mitsuko ASô (麻生 みつ子, 4 cast, Wikipedia entry with Sarutobi Ecchan credit).

Saki ASAMIYA (1 cast in Izumo (OAV 2003), adult-rated, 朝宮 咲) appears to be an alias of
Rie KANDA (20 cast)
according to http://www.geocities.jp/lesvoixdesanges/vka/kan/kandarie.html
(which says: 別名: 朝宮 咲/あさみや さき, thus confirming the romanization).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Nobuhiko SAKAWA
Nobuhiro SAKAWA

Both down as 酒匂暢彦, both involved in "planning".

Also Nobuhiko SAKOH

Another valid reading of the name and the roles are again consistent. This is probably the actual correct reading (although per Wikipedia MOS-JA should be romanised as Sakō) per the following:

http://lain.gr.jp/modules/mediadb/staff.php?sid=1437
http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_p.php?num_p=500884
http://www.accessup.org/tij/6_BCF2C6F7C4AAC9A7/
http://www2.city.miyakonojo.miyazaki.jp/download/2880/20040501_15.pdf
http://www.cinemaonline.jp/interview/sakou/2039.html
http://cinema.intercritique.com/person.cgi?pid=41438&c=2
http://www.sojitz.com/en/news/2006/20060417_01.html
http://www.sojitz.com/en/news/2006/20060626_01.html

----

Yoshitaka KOHNO
Yoshitaka KOUNO

Same name, different romanization.

-----

Keiko MOTOTANI
Keiko HONTANI

Same kanji, different reading. I don't know which is correct, but a quick google search suggests Hontani is the more popular of the two.

----

Natsumi WATANABE

Two people merged here. The animator is 渡辺夏海 and the lyricist is 渡辺なつみ.

----

Shujirou HAMAKAWA and Shuzilow.HA (source, source).

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
Hiroshi SHIMAKA (4 cast, including Ergo Proxy and Cowboy Bebop) and
Yutaka SHIMAKA (ca. 100 cast, website with romanization "SHIMATA Yuu") are kanji misreading duplicates of
Yuu SHIMAKA (9 cast, Wikipedia page for 島香 裕 / しまか ゆう = SHIMAKA Yuu with credits for Ergo Proxy, Cowboy Bebop and about 100 other roles).

Iemasa OYUMI (1 cast for Dagger of Kamui) and
Iemasa IEYUMI (3 cast including Najica Blitz Tactics) are duplicates of
Iemasa KAYUMI (>100 cast, 家弓 家正, Wikipedia page of Kamui with credit, Wikipedia page of Najica with credit).

Not exactly a duplicate but
Kamiyo CHIE (1 cast as Lupin III: The Fuma Conspiracy (movie)) should rather be
Chie KAMIYO (Wikipedia page for Fuma Conspiracy with credit: 女の子 - 神代 (KAMIYO/KOUJIRO) 智恵 (Chie))
but actually is an old spelling of
Chie KOUJIRO (神代 知衣) according to her Wikipedia page.

Shizuma TEIJIMA (程島 鎮磨, 1 cast for Boogiepop Phantom) is a kanji misreading duplicate of
Shizuma HODOSHIMA (程島 鎮磨, 1 cast for Boogiepop Phantom, Wikipedia page for 程島鎮磨 redirects to 程嶋 しづマ with Boogiepop Phantom credit).

Emi NAKASHIMA (中島 絵美, 2 cast including Mnemosyme) and
Emi NAKAGIMA (中島 絵美, 1 cast for Ghost Hound) are both spelling error duplicates of
Emi NAKAJIMA (中島 絵美, 1 cast for Tales of the Abyss, Wikipedia page for なかじま えみ with credits for Ghost Hound and Mnemosyme).

Tanaka JSSEI (田中 一成, 1 cast for Inuyasha) and
Issei TANAKA (田中 一成, 10 cast including Tenshi na Konamaiki) are both kanji misreading duplicates of
Kazunari TANAKA (田中 一成, ca. 100 cast, Wikipedia page for たなか かずなり including credits for Tenshi na Konamaiki and Inuyasha).

Nobiaki FUKUDA (福田信昭, 1 cast for Minko Momo, kanji source) is a spelling error duplicate of
Nobuaki FUKUDA (福田信昭, >30 cast, Wikipedia page with credit for ミンキーモモ).

Tetsutaro FUJIWARA (藤原鉄太郎, 2 staff for Chikkun Takkun and Plawres Sanshiro) is a former alias of
Kunihiko YUYAMA (湯山邦彦, >50 staff including Plawres Sanshiro, Wikipedia page including credit for チックンタックン and explaining his former name with source links).

Tinatsu TSUTSUMI (堤ちなつ, kanji source)
should be romanized "Chinatsu TSUTSUMI" instead.

Katou RYU (加藤 龍, kanji source)
should at least be reversed to Ryuu KATOU.

Even without any information (source doesn't exist any more)
Nishimoto RYO (1 cast for Advancer Tina) looks like a wrong naming order which should be
Ryo NISHIMOTO instead.
(No usable kanji source even though "Nishimoto" has only two kanji variants, 西元 and 西本.)

Nauchi IZUMI (泉 尚摯, 1 cast for Angel Links, kanji source, role "Malatesta" (マラテスタ) is easy to validate) and most likely also
Takashi IZUMI (泉 尚摯, 1 cast for Angel Links, kanji source, role descriptions don't match exactly but both are based on the same source URL) are kanji misreading duplicates of
Shoji IZUMI (泉 尚摯, 18 cast, Wikipedia page redirecting from (泉尚摯 to いずみ尚 with credit for 星方天使エンジェルリンクス)
who actually is an old stage name of
Hisashi IZUMI ( いずみ 尚) as explained by the Wikipedia page and its redirection.

Michio HASAMA (羽佐間 道夫, 2 cast including Game Center Arashi) is a different kanji reading duplicate of
Michio HAZAMA (羽佐間 道夫, 20 cast, Wikipedia page for はざま みちお with credits for ゲームセンターあらし).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Sachie ABE
I'm looking at the credits for Kiddy Girl-and which give her name as 阿部幸恵, and the one readily checkable source for the seiyuu credits also gives 阿部幸恵 so two people with exactly the same name.

[edited 5th March 2012]
The staff member is Yukie Abe
[/edit]

----

Hye Soon BYUN
Hye-Soon BYUN

I just added a credit to the former as it had 8 credits, but the latter (with only one credit) is actually correct per dormcat.

----

Jin-Hee LEE
Jin Hee LEE
Again, the same name with and without the hyphen, the hyphen being preferred.

----

Min Ju KIM
Kim MIN-JU

The hyphenated part is the given name so the latter is inverted.

----

Mi Ae NA
Na MI-AE

Likewise, the name is "Na, Mi-Ae" so the latter is inverted.

----

Alternative romanisations for the same name. Two different Kanji names present and multiple job roles.

Kyouko ISHIDA
石田恭子 (no source)
- Two credits for Digital Paint with Studio Elle (two now I've added another). One credit had no usable source link and the other I entered from English credits so does no confirm the kanji.

Kyoko ISHIDA
Kanji: 石田喬子 (no source)
- Two animation credits, two art credits and two paint credits.

(1986) Once Upon a Time [Windaria] (movie) : In-Between Check
(2008) Shikabane Hime: Aka (TV) : 2nd Key Animation
- Source link for former does not confirm the credit, latter gives 石田響子. Unlikely to be the same person given the timescale.

(2001) Pretear (TV) : Background Art
(2009) Chō Gekijōban Keroro Gunsō Gekishin Dragon Warriors de Arimasu! (movie) : Background Art (Mukuo Studio)
- former has no usable source link, latter gives 石田喬子

(2006) Pocket Monsters: Diamond & Pearl (TV) : Finish Animation (Studio L)
(2009) Doraemon: Shin Nobita no Uchū Kaitakushi (movie) : Digital Paint (Studio L)
- Both source links give 石田恭子.

Summary:
The colourist working for Studio Elle is 石田恭子
The background artist is 石田喬子
The key animator is 石田響子

OK, I've found a viable source for the Windari credit and it gives 石田敦子 which is actually Atsuko ISHIDA. Resubmitted and filed and error report.

----

Couple of people mixed up

Akiko SAITO
Akiko SAITOU

CG person is 斎藤 亜規子 (source)

Scanning person is 斎藤明子 (source)

Shiage (and its multitude of translations) is 斉藤明子 (source)

The production desk person is 斎藤亜希子 (source)

..I think that covers most if not all of the credits.

----

Toyohiro ANDô

The guy who did 3D CG on the Highlander movie in 2007 is unlikely to be the same guy who was scriptwriting between 1969 and 1992. Don't have the Kanji for him as I've not been able to locate a cast list in Japanese for the movie.

----

Yuuko SHIMURA
Yuko SHIMURA

Same name, same job, different romanization.

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
serrin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:12 am Reply with quote
cloyce wrote:
I noticed that "Tommy FEBRUARY" (#47941) and "Tommy HEAVENLY" (#53918) have separate entries.

They're both stage names for Tomoko Kawase. The main entry should probably be hers, and the "Tommy *" ones should be pointers to that. Who knows when she'll change her name again?

I think this one slipped under the radar. Now there's a new one under Tommy heavenly6. All three should be consolidated under her real name of Tomoko Kawase.
Not that it's all that important, but her stage name is Tommy february6 and Tommy heavenly6 not Tommy february or Tommy heavenly.
She's also a member (the leader singer) of band the brilliant green.

How should this be recorded; under her file, the brilliant green or both? If so under which field?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Mitsuyasu SAKAI
Miho SAKAI

Same name (Kanji), broadly similar job roles (other than the cello one). Their site indicates that the former is correct:
http://www.kt.rim.or.jp/~m_sakai/sakai_01.html

I've not checked every credit against their list, but it seems congruent with both pages. Except the cello one. 5cm/s was never released here, but according to this page, the cellist is 坂井美穂, and their name probably is Miho Sakai.

----

Yusaku SAOTOME
Yusaku SATSUKIME

Same Kanji for both, both credited for directorial and storboard work from the 80s to the present. allcimena and anime@wiki both indicate the former to be correct.

----

Koji YOSHIKAWA
Kouji YOSHIKAWA

Alternate romanizations for the same name, the latter page does not specify the Kanji and has only one credit.

this page at Phoenix Entertainment[/url] confirms both that 吉川浩司 works with them and that they worked on Ninja Resurrection (but unfortunately not that 吉川浩司 worked on Ninja Resurrection).

----

Junko OKAZAKI

The scriptwriter is 岡崎純子 (source[/url)
The colourator is 岡崎順子 ([url=http://wiki.livedoor.jp/radioi_34/d/%a5%d7%a5%ea%a5%f3%a5%bb%a5%b9%a5%e9%a5%d0%a1%bc%21]script
)

----

Nobutaka ITO

The (unsourced) Kanji given on the page is 伊東伸高
The animator who worked on Dai Guard is 伊東信高

Checking whichever credits have usable source URLs

伊東伸高:
(1994) Mobile Fighter G Gundam
(1998) Cowboy Bebop
(1998) Generator Gawl
(2004) Kimagure Robot
(2004) Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
(2004) Samurai Champloo (TV)
(2004) Samurai Champloo (TV)
(2009) Summer Wars

伊東信高:
(1997) Lupin III: Island of Assassins
(1999) Dai-Guard

----

Entering credits with precision for Dai Guard from the Production IG site I have come across a number of duplicate persons previously entered incorrectly; anyone with no precision and with no other credits is a duplicate of someone else on the list (with a couple of exceptions where the Kanji was not recognised I entered the name in Kanji directly so they are matched to a pre-existing person; there was only one person I could not locate an existing entry for).

Akihiro INARI is a duplicate of Akihiko INARI.

Hiroaki KITAZAKI is a duplicate of Hiroaki KITAJIMA.

Ken Nakatsu is a duplicate of Tamaki NAKATSU.

Marurou Hatsuki is a duplicate of Kurou HAZUKI (and is also credited for the wrong role).

Takahiro HOSHIAI is a duplicate of
Takahiko HOSHIAI.

Eiji Asahara is a duplicate of
Eiji Uhara (this is the one I could not find an entry for, nor could I confirm the name reading - however Asahara is not a valid reading of 宇原.)

Doutoku CHIBA is a duplicate of Michinori CHIBA

There are also a few who do have other credits but aren't on the list provided by Production IG or I missed them so I'll have to do some more checking.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Would KNIGHT be a good source for Dai Guard? (Lots of roles with precision.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
Would KNIGHT be a good source for Dai Guard? (Lots of roles with precision.)

Like I said, I sourced it all from the Production IG site which ought to be authoritative. The problem is all the credits entered previously which have multiple errors and I haven't finished sorting through them.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
Daisuke Kageura
Daisuke Sasaki (former name)
Source: http://toritorioffice.com/talent/kageura.html (name change since 04/01)

The voice credits on Daisuke Sasaki seem to belong to him, and the kanji is correct for the voice actor, but as usual, the staff credits are probably different (and likely at least a few different people, but can't verify anything).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Nao HIGA (two credits)
Tadashi HIGA (one credit)

I just created the latter as whoever created the former did not enter the name in Kanji despite quoting a Japanese source page so they didn't turn up in a search. I have no idea which reading is correct, which is why I was unable to find them. For now I have deleted my entries and consolidated them under Nao.

----

Miyuki HARA

Seiyuu 原 ミユキ
Animator 原美雪

---

Jun Takagi

So far I have two different kanji names, 高木 潤 and 高木 淳.

One or more of them has been in the news twice:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2002-11-14/new-anime-in-japan
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-12-04/coo-gurren-lagann-kafka-win-media-arts-awards

..but while they are credited with doing something on Ukkari Pénélope, and doing it excellently, they are not credited with this show in the encyclopedia, and the source for the Submarine 707R credit is the news article itself...

The source link for 高木淳 is from a Nippon Animation page for Papuwa, which is no longer available. However.. one of the shows they were in the news for, Pénélope, is also by Nippon Animation so this is likely the same guy, same for Coji-Coji. OK, archive.org is back which confirms him for all the Nippon Animation stuff.
Source link also confirms him for the 4th Dragonball movie.

高木潤 did animation work on Kiddy GiRL-AND, Bantorra, Pandora Hearts, and the Crayon Shin Chan movie,
He is also the guy in the news for the Submarine 707 character designs according to http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/SS-707/ - which says he also worked on Yukikaze (which he is already credited for) and Vandread 2nd (..which he is not).

The animator for Battle Spirits was 高木順

----

Hiroaki MOTOIGI

Either he changed the way he writes his name or there are two prople, 本猪木浩明 and もといぎひろあき
Is looks like everything up to Planets (2003) is the Kanji guy and from Aquarion onwards (2005) is Mr Hiragana.

----

Yukiyo KOMITO (3 credits)
Sachiyo KOMITO (12 credits)

Both valid readings of 小美戸幸代, both doing the same work. Former seems the most likely, but I can't find any definite confirmation.
gerbilx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Jamieson Price
Taylor Henry

Henry is an alias. I don't know if IMDB is a good source, though.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0528936/

At the least, they sound exactly the same.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:28 am Reply with quote
Rika Mishima

What I was looking for: 見嶋梨香
What we have: 三島利佳 (unsourced)
All credits are for animation

Looking through usable source links (and adding a couple)

三島利佳:
(1996) Rurouni Kenshin
(2000) One Piece: The Movie
(2005) Air (movie)
(2005) Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
(2005) Aquarion (source)

見嶋梨香:
(2005) Noein (source
(2006) Koi suru Tenshi Angelique
(2007) Shugo Chara!
(2009) Kiddy Girl-and (source

We're also missing quite a few according to this:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:www1.vecceed.ne.jp+%22三島利佳%22
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+site:www1.vecceed.ne.jp+%22見嶋梨香%22

I'm finding it odd that one disappears around the time the other appears (at least according to our listing - I've not taken the missing credits into account). It also looks like they both worked on Noein but not in the same role (見嶋梨香 was animation director for eps 5, 6 and 13; 三島利佳 was 2nd key animator on ep 11 and key animator on ep 13). If it is the same person who decided to change their name it seems odd that they would chop and change while working on the one series.. unless they changed their name when they started doing sakkan work but their old spelling was still down for the actual drawing work and wasn't updated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 55 of 144