In-depth interview with Astro Boy
director and more in episode 52.
GRIMES, IA, October 26, 2007 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf
, Inc. kicks off its third year of podcasting by welcoming Mr. Fred Ladd
– the pioneering TV producer responsible for the English adaptations of early U.S. anime hits, including Astro Boy
and Kimba the White Lion
– to episode 52 of ANIME TODAY.
In the first half of this new, in-depth interview, Mr. Ladd discusses his start in the radio and television industry, how Japanese animation was discovered by the West, the challenges of bringing Astro Boy
to U.S. audiences and how the success of Astro Boy
influenced the animation that followed it on both sides of the Pacific.
Also in episode 52 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What's Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Shawne shares details about the “Spooky and Spectacular Savings” to be found on DVDs from FUNimation
and AN Entertainment
- Morgan Kollin, chairperson of Detroit, Michigan's YoumaCon, previews the games, guests and events planned for the convention's third year, during the weekend of November 1-4, 2007.
- Marie reviews the manic anime comedy of School Rumble
- Rich and Nick remind listeners about the ongoing contest celebrating Viz Pictures' live-action releases of The Taste of Tea and Hula Girls and unveil a new contest in conjunction with the New York Anime Festival for weekend passes to the event.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from Right Stuf
Visit www.Right Stuf
.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes
Meet other ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the official ANIME TODAY forums at AnimeOnDVD.com: (http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/57/).
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you're into anime and what's happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF
Founded in 1987, Right Stuf
, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf
works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at Right Stuf
.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.Nozomi Entertainment
, Right Stuf
's production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi's focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy
, Kimba and Gigantor
to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
, His and Her Circumstances
, Gravitation, Comic Party
, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars
, Ninja Nonsense
, To Heart
and The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye
, Right Stuf
and Nozomi Entertainment
produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.Right Stuf
.com and www.nozomient.com.