Irregular at Magic High School Anime Film's New Promo Video Reveals Staff
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for the Gekijōban Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei: Hoshi o Yobu Shōjo (The Irregular at Magic High School The Movie: The Girl Who Calls the Stars) anime film began streaming the film's first full promotional video on Saturday. (Note: The video on the official website is region-blocked to Japan.)
The site has also revealed the film's staff. Risako Yoshida, who served as a unit director and a storyboarder on the television anime series, is directing the film at studio 8-Bit (Madhouse animated the television series). Original light novel series artist Kana Ishida is returning to serve as the character designer and chief animation director. Original light novel author Tsutomu Satou is writing an original new story for the film, and he and WriteWorks are in writing the script. Taku Iwasaki is returning to compose the music.
Other staff members include:
- Art: Hiromasa Ogura, Kazushi Fujii
- Art Design: Yuuho Taniuchi,
- Mechanical Design: Junji Okubo
- CAD, Sub Character Design: Jimmy Stone
- 3D Director: Yasutaka Tanaka (MAD BOX)
- Director of Photography: Yūki Kawashita (MAD BOX)
- Editing: Kashiko Kimura (MAD BOX)
- Color Key: Yukie Noguchi
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama
- Sound Effects: Tomoji Furuya
- Sound Production: Studio Mausu
The film will open in Japan on June 17. Advance tickets for theatrical screenings went on sale in theaters in Japan on Saturday. The tickets cost 1,500 yen (US$13) each, and they will come with a B2-size poster of the below visual as the initial bonus item.
The staff had revealed a second key visual for the film in October.
The film will feature a new character named Kokoa (pictured below), who is a deserter from the National Defense Navy's base, and who ends up in Miyuki's care. Her appearance is that of a very young woman, but her true character is shrouded in mystery.
In the story, the seasons have changed, and it will soon be the second spring. The poor student older brother Tatsuya and the honor student younger sister Miyuki have finished their first year at their magic high school, and are on their spring break. The two go to their villa on the Ogasawara Island archipelago. After only a small moment of peace, a lone young woman named Kokoa appears before them. She has abandoned the Naval base, and she tells Tatsuya her one wish.
The film's returning cast includes:
- Saori Hayami as Miyuki Shiba
- Yūichi Nakamura as Tatsuya Shiba
- Yumi Uchiyama as Erika Chiba
- Takuma Terashima as Leonhart Saijo
- Satomi Satou as Mizuki Shibata
- Atsushi Tamaru as Mikihiko Yoshida
- Sora Amamiya as Honoka Mitsui
- Yuiko Tatsumi as Shizuku Kitayama
Tsutomu Satou began writing the novel series with character designs and illustrations by Kana Ishida (Aquarion Evol character design) in 2008 under the Dengeki Bunko label. Yen Press licensed the original light novel series and the spinoff manga The Honor Student at Magic High School.
Thanks to Dennis R. for the embedded video.
Source: MoCa News