City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes Anime Film's Trailer Reveals Appearance by Cat's Eye Trio
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes, the new anime film adaptation of Tsukasa Hojo's City Hunter manga, began streaming a second trailer on Friday. The video reveals that the titular trio of sisters from Hojo's Cat's Eye manga will appear in the film.
Keiko Toda is returning from the original Cat's Eye television anime as Hitomi, and also voicing her sister Rui; Toshiko Fujita, who played Rui in the original Cat's Eye anime, passed away in December. Chika Sakamoto is returning as Ai.
The film will open in Japan on February 8.
The returning cast members include:
- Akira Kamiya as Ryo Saeba
- Kazue Ikura as Kaori Makimura
- Harumi Ichiryūsai (Youko Asagami) as Saeko Nogami
- Tesshō Genda as Umibozu
- Mami Koyama as Miki
The new cast members include:
- Marie Iitoyo as Ai Shindō, a model and female college student who hires Ryo as a bodyguard
- Kōichi Yamadera as Shinji Mikuni, Kaori's childhood friend
- Houchu Ohtsuka as Vince Englert, a mysterious arms dealer
- Yoshimi Tokui of the comedy duo Tutorial as Conita, a fashion designer
Director Kenji Kodama, who has directed most of the previous City Hunter anime, returns as the chief director. Yoichi Kato (Aikatsu!, Yo-kai Watch, Monster Strike the Animation) is penning the script. Kumiko Takahashi (Birdy the Mighty, Cardcaptor Sakura) is the character designer and Taku Iwasaki (Gurren Lagann, Gatchaman Crowds) is composing the music. Sunrise is animating the film.
TM Network's song "Get Wild," the ending theme song for the first City Hunter television anime, will also be the ending song for the film.
The new film will move the setting to present-day Shinjuku.