BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Game Gets Arcade Version this Spring
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Arc System Works announced on Friday that it will release an arcade version of its BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle crossover fighting game this spring in Japan. The arcade version will include additional characters. Arc System Works will hold location tests in Japan on February 9 and 10.
The original PlayStation 4 and Switch game shipped in Japan and Asia on May 31. Arc System Works America released the game with an English dub in North America on June 5. PQube released the game in Europe on June 22. The game launched on Steam on June 5.
The base game featured 20 characters, with 20 more characters available via DLC.
Starting playable characters include:
- Ragna the Bloodedge, Jin Kisaragi, Rachel Alucard, Hazama, Noel Vermillion, Azrael, Iron Tager, Makoto Nanaya, ν-No.13-, and Es (BlazBlue CentralFiction)
- Yū Narukami, Yōsuke Hanamura, Chie Satonaka, and Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4 Arena)
- Hyde, Linne, Waldstein, and Gordeau (Under Night In-Birth)
- Weiss Schnee and Ruby Rose (RWBY)
DLC characters for the game include:
- Platinum the Trinity, Jubei, Hakumen, Izayoi, Mai, and Nine from BlazBlue CentralFiction
- Kanji Tatsumi, Aegis, Naoto Shirogane, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Labrys from Persona 4 Arena
- Orie, Carmine, Vatista, Merkava, Yuzuriha, and Mika from Under Night In-Birth
- Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long from RWBY
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is a crossover between Arc System Works' BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena fighting games, French Bread's Under Night In-Birth game, and Rooster Teeth's RWBY franchise. The title is a two-versus-two game.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history